CP-2000 won’t turn off pump during programmed time.

MiggyV

Apr 9, 2020
San Diego, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an old CP-2000 system controller by Compool. It’s been programmed to turn off the equipment by a certain time, and for whatever reason the pump keeps running when it’s supposed to shut off. It worked perfectly fine when I first moved in to this house, but now I have to turn on/off my equipment manually. As you can imagine, it’s been a burden, especially if I’m away from the house.
Does anybody have any experience with this old system?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 8
Hello, so when it remains on is the filter pump light still on? It could be freeze protect from a bad air sensor, or multiple programs for filter pump. If light is off and it still runs, it’s a bad relay switch. If any parts need to be replaced, I would consider just to upgrade with an EasyTouch upgrade kit and transformer. Or have someone install a new IntelliCenter.

Hello, so when it remains on is the filter pump light still on? It could be freeze protect from a bad air sensor, or multiple programs for filter pump. If light is off and it still runs, it’s a bad relay switch. If any parts need to be replaced, I would consider just to upgrade with an EasyTouch upgrade kit and transformer. Or have someone install a new IntelliCenter.
Yes, the light remains on. In order for me to turn off the equipment, I have to press the delay/cancel button. That in effect, turns off the light, as well.

Does it immediately turn on after you hit cancel? Or does it turn on the next day and just remain on?
When I press cancel it immediately turns off. It will turn on automatically the next day at the programmed time, but like I mentioned, it won’t turn off on its own even though it’s programmed to do so.

You'll chase your tail and never catch it trying to repair a system as old as a CP-2000. Its a computer that has been outside for about 25-30 years. Time to replace. Both Pentair and Jandy make upgrade kits that should fit your old enclosure and offer Wi-Fi and smart-phone automation at less than that old system cost when it was new.

Reactions: MiggyV

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.