Covered and unattended pool for three years. What are my first two steps?

This is true & it is also the reason for the creation of TFPC methodology.
Thanks to TFP topics, posts, guidance and information, I concur.

Though still much to learn, I'm beginning to enjoy the ZEN aspect of caring for the thing.

Awaiting my first full month of pool operation electricity bill with dred, but still here! 😬

Reactions: Mdragger88
Ohh no!! Great pic to express your feelings! I have been having a not so fun season on my end and feel like the picture explains my thoughts as well! I told my little one, if this doesn’t get better soon what you think about stocking out with fish? He was thrilled to think he can swim with then to catch them!

Since no one else has mentioned it, using chlorine (sodium hypochlorite) is actually adding salt to your pool. The negative effects come not from the salt, but from not maintaining a proper ph balance. Maintaining your ph will eliminate the corrosion problems. Going to a salt water pool will feel better, be easier to maintain and reduce (or eliminate) worries about coming back from a vacation to find your now pristine oasis about to return to it's previous condition. And you DON'T want that!

Reactions: Syrr and Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.