Countdown begins

Major rain today dumping 5+ inches, will be above the skimmer by this afternoon and maybe higher. So much for my perfectly balanced pool. PB said turn filter to waste to lower water level after rain subsides. Also have pump stopped currently due to lightening today. Any suggestions???

Major rain today dumping 5+ inches, will be above the skimmer by this afternoon and maybe higher. So much for my perfectly balanced pool. PB said turn filter to waste to lower water level after rain subsides. Also have pump stopped currently due to lightening today. Any suggestions???

I don’t know if this is correct but if I didn’t have a cover I’d probably dump at 1/2 gal chlorine in pool and circulate for a bit. If water level gets to high let water out even if still raining. I didn’t realize we were expecting that much. Yuk. Someone else may offer better advice?

I drained it down to middle of the skimmer. Hopefully after looking at radar the worst is over. Contacted PB and he said I did the right thing as so many just let their pools overflow and wonder why their liners floated.. not good if you ask me.
‘I will add some liquid chlorine just in case. My check this morning showed it a bit high around 6.5 or 7. So it may be just the thing to put it close to 5. SWG is running about 30% so I should be ok. Will check it again tonight.
‘Appreciate the advice. That cover you have sure would have been handy today.
forgot to mention, backyard is a mud-pit now (insert sad-face here)

Well after a great deal of sweat and pain, we have grass again in our backyard once more.. not completely done in the whole yard but in the main area so no more dirt and mud will be tracked in the house and the pool deck
9CEE8258-263E-4BBC-B58F-A7B9F29416B7.jpg

Well after a great deal of sweat and pain, we have grass again in our backyard once more.. not completely done in the whole yard but in the main area so no more dirt and mud will be tracked in the house and the pool deck
View attachment 86372

That looks great! I’m still dealing with the mud. No sod for me. I’ll put grass seed down when we get done tweaking the grade. Then before the first snow I’ll put another gob of seed down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:party: Let the mud END!!!!!! Did you enjoy being able to jump into the pool after a hot, sweaty days work???
no Kim, I was so wiped out by the end that I took a hot bath and just tried to rest in my chair trying to ease the pain.
Water temp has dropped to 75 this morning so it was a bit brisk. Warmer temperatures today and throughout the weekend should rerurn the temp back in the 80’s hopefully.

And so it ends the short first year of pool time. So much learning and fun.
Quick and simple close, PB did a great job closing today.

C9048AC4-E980-4EE4-996C-1CDAF5577E5F.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.