Could use some advice please

Lower your pH down into the 7's with muriatic acid.

Leave your TA alone and it will come down when you add the acid. Leave it alone again after the acid but test it. If it is 60 or above leave it alone again.

If it is below 50, you can bring it back up to around 60-70 with baking soda.

Reactions: greggtraylor
Post what you get from your own testing. We find pool store tests often inaccurate and they can lead you astray.

Amazing the difference between your test and pool store test. And if you would have raised your TA based on the pool store test you would have sent it the wrong direction.

what is your CYA and CH?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We round up. If the dot disappears between 90 and 80 you call it 90. Halfway between lines in not 5 since the scale is logarithmic, not linear.

The target for CYA 90 is 10-12 with a minimum of 7. See FC/CYA Levels

Your CYA is maybe 90. Follow step 8 of the CYA test...

1. If your CYA level is 90 or higher, repeat the test adjusting the procedure as follows:
    1. Fill the mixing bottle to the lower mark with pool water.
    2. Continue filling the mixing bottle to the upper mark with tap water.
    3. Shake briefly to mix.
    4. Pour off half of the contents of the mixing bottle, so it is again filled to the lower mark.
    5. Continue the test normally from step 2, but multiply the final result by two.

Hello guys,
I have ran the pool samples after making corrections.
pH 7.4
TH 110
CH 40
CYA 70
Salt 3280
How’re my chlorine is still 9-10. I had my chlorinator running at 60% during the summer. I turned it down to 30% and it’s still 9. I have completely turned it off now. Water temp is 60-67 depending on the day. Do I need to just let it come down on its own or should I add something?

Your FC being 9-10 versus 5 is not a problem. Just let it drift down naturally. The water is safe to swim in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.