Costco bleach prices (alternate source in Dallas?)

May 24, 2010
Dallas, TX
Man. I remember just a few years ago (ok, maybe more than a few) it was in the $7s for the 3x 121oz of 8.25%. Then it was in the $8s. Then, maybe 2 years ago?, it was in the $9s and it fluctuated up and down in the $9s a bit. And it's $10.59 today (this is in Dallas). Holy cow. Anyone local have an alternate source?

Costco bleach is Clorox every where I have been. Do not buy Clorox bleach - it has Cloromax in it that is not meant for pools.

Most buy Pool Essentials at Walmart (pool section), or try Home Depot and Lowes until it gets hot out.

Any bulk suppliers in your area?

I haven't found Costco to be that good of a deal for bleach quite some time.
It seems as if the price of bleach itself has gone way up in particular this year. And strength has gone down at the same time. (8 vs now more common 6 in grocery stores)

I paid 9 dollars for 6 gallons/case of plain unscented 6% at a local grocery wholesaler the past 3 years. Now they are charging 15!

Most of the local Home Depot's in DFW have started receiving shipments of boxes with 3 gallons of 10% for $9.98. I got several with a date code that was less than 2 weeks old.
Yes....and I believe it's even less if you buy 4 or more cases at a time. That's what I do. When you buy in bulk, it equals out to about $2.99 a gallon for 10% which is not bad. You have to be careful of the born on date though.

What happen if I used cloromax for the pool. I just start learning how to use bleach. I used 3 gallon for last couple of weeks
What happen if I used cloromax for the pool. I just start learning how to use bleach. I used 3 gallon for last couple of weeks
It has polymers in it. It might foam. It might create a scum at the water line or in your skimmer.

We do not recommend the use of it in pools. Look for 10% or greater liquid chlorine.

Right now in North Texas it seems that Home Depot is starting to stock fresh boxes of 3 gallons of 10%. It works out to be $2.99 per gallon if you buy 4 or more boxes at a time. The stock seems to be very fresh. Within 1 or 2 weeks old. I bought some a few days ago with "19 121" stamped on the outside of the box. That means that it was bottled in year 2019 on the 121st day (about 10 days ago). I would assume the Beaumont area would be similar. Check Home Depots in your area. It is still cool enough that it should still hold most of its strength even if stored outside in the shade. Later in June or July I would look for an alternate source, though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Right now in North Texas it seems that Home Depot is starting to stock fresh boxes of 3 gallons of 10%. It works out to be $2.99 per gallon if you buy 4 or more boxes at a time. The stock seems to be very fresh. Within 1 or 2 weeks old. I bought some a few days ago with "19 121" stamped on the outside of the box. That means that it was bottled in year 2019 on the 121st day (about 10 days ago). I would assume the Beaumont area would be similar. Check Home Depots in your area. It is still cool enough that it should still hold most of its strength even if stored outside in the shade. Later in June or July I would look for an alternate source, though.
Are you talking about this hdx brand $8.98 when buy 4 boxes ?

1 Stop Pool & SPA store in Plano has 12.5% Liquid chlorine. I think it's the Blue Whale brand name. Comes in 4 gallons cartons for 19.99 Don't know what part of Dallas you are in, but an option if your on the north side ..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.