Correct valve settings

Trolleyboy

Nov 29, 2023
Australia
Hi everyone
Hoping someone can advise which the correct valve settings for my infinitely pool. The water level isn't reaching and overflowing the edges. The infinity pool is normally green due to not enough flow going into it....the water level was hitting the edges fine (just not overflowing enough) until we started adjusting the valves today and now the water level is missing the edge

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to the forum. I suspect our members will need more detail on the pool. Most Infinity pool designs use the catch basin for the main pump suction. It sounds like yours can run without the Infinity overflow. Maybe some pictures of the pool itself, wider shots of the pool equipment, etc. would also assist.

Welcome to the forum. I suspect our members will need more detail on the pool. Most Infinity pool designs use the catch basin for the main pump suction. It sounds like yours can run without the Infinity overflow. Maybe some pictures of the pool itself, wider shots of the pool equipment, etc. would also assist.
Appreciate the reply. The pool has an overflow infinity pool plus also a balance tank which the small pool feeds into….
I’ll upload some more pics

After playing with the 4 valves today the water level has dropped. The 4 valves are 2 that say skimmer, trough suction and pool return. Essentially I need to know what setting these 4 should be set at to increase the water level in the pool which should hopefully lead into more overflow into the small infinity pool

To maximize overflow, I would try closing the skimmer valve. You may need to open the trough suction to prevent overflowing the balance tank.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
T-boy,

I tried to map out your plumbing and it is impossible as everything is hidden in behind other pipes, valves, etc..

You have two pumps.. I 'assume' the pump right next to your filter is your normal pool circulation pump.

I assume the pump on the left of your equipment pad is your spillover edge pump.

The basic theory is that the circulation pump runs and keeps the water just below the spillover. When the 2nd pump comes on, it sucks water out of the trough and this additional water then spills over and back into the trough.

Is your second pump running? Do you know what turns it on? I suspect there is a water level sensor in the trough somewhere that keeps the pump from running if the water level is too low, and maybe a sensor that turn the pump on if the trough level gets too high.

Additional pics from different angles might help one of us to come up with how your system should be working.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

Jim R.

T-boy,

I tried to map out your plumbing and it is impossible as everything is hidden in behind other pipes, valves, etc..

You have two pumps.. I 'assume' the pump right next to your filter is your normal pool circulation pump.

I assume the pump on the left of your equipment pad is your spillover edge pump.

The basic theory is that the circulation pump runs and keeps the water just below the spillover. When the 2nd pump comes on, it sucks water out of the trough and this additional water then spills over and back into the trough.

Is your second pump running? Do you know what turns it on? I suspect there is a water level sensor in the trough somewhere that keeps the pump from running if the water level is too low, and maybe a sensor that turn the pump on if the trough level gets too high.

Additional pics from different angles might help one of us to come up with how your system should be working.

Jim R.
Hi Jim, thanks for your comments. The 2nd pump (one on the left) is for the solar heating on the roof. The infinity tough doesn’t have a pump and the water simply flows back into a large underground balance tank. There’s a pipe going into the balance tank which I assume water is sucked from, filtered and pumped back into the main pool.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpeg
    IMG_1127.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Jimrahbe
T-boy,

Jim R.

To maximize overflow, I would try closing the skimmer valve. You may need to open the trough suction to prevent overflowing the balance tank.
First thing this morning I fully closed both skimmer valves and within about 3-4 minutes the water level had returned to full height and was once again overflowing the edges. Great result, thank you guys so much! I've had a local pool technician around who had zero idea of how the system works. Now I know how to get the water level back up again, I will continue to monitor it over the next few hours to see if there are any unintended consequences of having both the skimmer valves completely closed off and maybe I will need to make minor adjustments from the current settings. The balance tank has a float switch in it which automatically fills water directly into it off the street once the tank is too low. This is currently filling off the street due to fact I assume that I've raised the pool level by taking water from the balance tank and now the balance tank needs to be returned to its normal level. I will also monitor this over the next few hours.
Thanks again for all your help

Reactions: Jimrahbe
T-Boy,

Basically, your infinity edge is your skimmer, when the actual skimmers are shut off.

Glad you and Marty figured out how to get it working again.

I have to say you have a very nice set up.. I really like the glass safety fence. :goodjob: And the view!!!

In general, where are you located???

Thanks,

Jim R.

T-Boy,

Basically, your infinity edge is your skimmer, when the actual skimmers are shut off.

Glad you and Marty figured out how to get it working again.

I have to say you have a very nice set up.. I really like the glass safety fence. :goodjob: And the view!!!

In general, where are you located???

Thanks,

Jim R.
We are located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Recently moved over permanently from NZ. We had a standard pool in NZ so getting my head around this infinity pool and balance tank setup has been a massive learning so thanks for everyones help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.