Cordless/Rechargable Vacuum Feedback

Hi and thanks in advance for any feedback/comments. While doing some unrelated research on the TFP site, someone had mentioned the Pool Blaster brand; specifically the Pool Blaster Catfish. When I looked it up it got me thinking that something like this would be useful for me for in between quick cleaning; mainly for sand/dirt that collects in my pool in corners, on the steps and on the 'safety ledge' that goes around my (fiberglass) pool. Many people seem to mention the PB Max, but that model seems like it is above my needs. Plus, since I'm mainly looking to use this for smaller spaces, I don't need something with a large cleaning head. I'm in Canada with more limited choice (as is always the case), and the only PB models it seems i can get from a Canadian source are the Catfish and the Rush models. The Catfish though seems more suited to what I need as the vacuum head is smaller and it says you can even remove the head to get into small spaces. I also wonder if the Catfish model is being phased out as I can only find it being sold in one place, whereas the Rush model is more widely sold. The PB site doesn't mention if you can use the Rush model without the vacuum head attached but I assume you can. While the vacuum head on the Catfish is smaller, which I like, the Rush is at least being sold at physical retailers near me so if I did have an issue I could return it with no problems. The pricing is pretty much the same.

This possible purchase is definitely not a need, it's more of a want, as my pool colour is a light gray and my OCD get's triggered when i see the small piles of sand/dirt in the pool. There is nothing better than crystal clear water and a super clean pool. And while I love the robot cleaner we have, having a cheap and quick cordless option for quick cleanups would be nice.

From looking around on past threads it seems that enough people here have used PB cleaners with more positive reviews than negative. If anyone has some good feedback between the Catfish and Rush, or if anyone has any other brand and model to suggest for my needs I would appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks!

Reactions: jhanna
I have the Pool Blaster Max and have been happy with it. The Catfish looks very similar; I’m not familiar with the Rush.

One recommendation, at least as it relates to the Max. The filter bag it comes with isn’t great with fine particles like sand. They sell a “sand and silt filter bag” that works much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.