Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey guys I’ve searched quite a bit through the site and haven’t really found a definitive answer to coping/waterline tile grout missing. Most posts I find talk about actual tile grout and not the grout separating the coping and tile. I’ve seen deck-o-seal and a poly type sealant mentioned. I want to go through and finish removing all the grout that’s left in there and redu it. What is recommended for my particular situation? I’m assuming just go around the pool with a scraper to remove old grout? Probably will try to use a shop vac to help not destroy the pool. Thanks guys!!!!

Attachments

• C8628F07-B028-45F8-8241-7297D1BB973C.jpeg
    C8628F07-B028-45F8-8241-7297D1BB973C.jpeg
    602 KB · Views: 29
You want a flexible barrier between the pool (tile), and the coping.

Something like Novagard Silicone Grout should work. I imagine there are other products too.

Reactions: JaySav
Hey, I have the same waterline tile it looks like and the same problem. I’m going to try 3m polyurethane sealant. I did a couple test spots and it seems to be holding up. I think builders only put grout because it looks great until the check clears.

Reactions: JaySav
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.