Friendswood, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
With the price of Chlorine tabs and shock going through the roof and availability, You just can't find it, I've made the decision to go to a SWG. Currently looking at the CircuPool RJ20 PLUS from Discount Salt Pool. With their upgrade it would give me the CircuPool RJ30 PLUS for $10 more.. I think 🤔 that might be an Overkill for my pool. I think my pools is about 10,000 gallon. I need some help to calculate the gallons to confirm the gallons, or at least get close. Paperwork from the pool company show the following:

Pool Perimeter: 80 Linear Feet
Pool Size: 29x16 custom
Pool Area: 367 SF
Pool Depth: 3.5 - 6 FT

Will this be enough to get a rough calculation? What is the formula?

Welcome to the forum!
Using your Pool area, 367 SF, and average pool depth, 4.5 feet, I come up with 12,300 gallons. Might be a little high, but close.
I would not go smaller than the 30K model. When it comes to SWCG, bigger the better.
You have a single speed pump. So the bigger SWCG will allow you to run the pump fewer hours.
Is your pump on a timer? Be sure to wire the SWCG in conjunction with the pump so that power to SWCG is removed when the pump is off.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Using your Pool area, 367 SF, and average pool depth, 4.5 feet, I come up with 12,300 gallons. Might be a little high, but close.
I would not go smaller than the 30K model. When it comes to SWCG, bigger the better.
You have a single speed pump. So the bigger SWCG will allow you to run the pump fewer hours.
Is your pump on a timer? Be sure to wire the SWCG in conjunction with the pump so that power to SWCG is removed when the pump is off.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thanks for the quick response Marty.. I do have the pump on a Intermatic P1353ME timer running in Mode 3 with my booster pump on Relay 3. The plan is to wire it in with a the pump on Relay 1. What is the Max Amps will the SWCG pull?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.