Converting to Chlorine from Baquacil - Check my work

Update:

28 bottles in. I lost 3 ppm last night. I did another hard scrub and vacuum yesterday.

Question. Can I go-ahead and change the sand in my filter? I'm thinking it may be contributing to my loss overnight. My water is clearer than it's ever been and I've scrubbed every thing I can think of. Not sure why I still have a loss other than the sand and filter assembly still being contaminated.

Thanks.

Well, that was definitely the right call. The sand was packed with goo. Cleaned everything out, changed the sand and now I'm adding CYA 1 pound at a time. I'm hoping if I don't pass the OCLT tonight, I will tomorrow night.

Thanks for everyone's help thus far.

Ok, first full round of testing. Input appreciated if I need to lower the TA or raise the PH at this moment. This after I got everything hooked backup after the sand change and hadn't added any chlorine in a few hours and it was sunny all day today:

FC=1
CC=.5
pH=7.0
TA=130
CH=200
CYA= <30

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update for everyone. I passed the OCLT Tuesday night. So far I have added 3 pounds of stabilizer and plan on testing levels tomorrow before adding more. For the last 2 days I have also kept my CC under 1.

Thank you to everyone that helped. I'm planning on going SWG soon once I get everything stabilized. Until then, should I be concerned about my high TA and low PH or the natural PH drift take care of that?

Thanks again.

Question...

My CYA levels are now 50, I lost the dot about half way between 40 and 50 so I rounded up. My FC was low this afternoon so I added about 3 quarts of liquid chlorine at 2:00PM. I just rechecked my FC and it was about 1 ppm again at 9:00PM. I added another 3 quarts of liquid. It has been raining today and we had partial sun. CC was 0 in both tests. Normal to have some drops in FC as things stabilize?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support