Converting from Baquacil

Since the pics aren't working, describe your water. Did you see some more improvement in clarity?

Do you have CYA on hand ready to put in your pool in the near future?

Are you monitoring your psi and not backwashing until you reach an increase of 25%?

Water is getting clearer. Almost can see the bottom. My psi has not increased by 25% since the first day. Stays between 6 and 7. I backwashed this morning just to see if there was anything in it and there wasn't. I will not backwash anymore. I do have CYA ready.

I just got in the pool and scrubbed everything. I did find a little bit underneath the bottom of the last two steps. I can just barley see the bottom now. The inside of the steps that fill up with water was most likely full of that mess and just took a while to get it out. I could e-mail the picture if you want me to, or I can get setup with Flicker and put it there.

There's the explanation for the lose of chlorine. Any lights, ladders, returns, steps.... Anywhere there's a gap should get a good scrubbing. That goo can hide anywhere.

Attachments

• 1DSCN0481.jpg
    1DSCN0481.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 47
My PSI has not gone up 25%. Even though my filter is only 2 months old I bought another gauge and will put it on this afternoon to make sure the pressure is correct. It always stays between 6 and 8. Turn it off it goes to 0. Believe it or not can see the bottom clearly now and it only dropped 1 last night. Even though my pool is not crystal clear if the FL only drop's 1 or less tonight should I continue on with the next steps? Change sand, add CYA, etc.?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Believe it or not can see the bottom clearly now and it only dropped 1 last night.
Of course we believe it.....this stuff works! :lol:

You COULD change out the sand now and add CYA but, if it was my pool, I would wait 'til in the morning. Do the OCLT tonight and tomorrow AM and, if it is still 1 ppm or less, go ahead and proceed with the next steps.

Do not panic or become discouraged if you lose more than 1 ppm tonight......it's not common to do that but I wouldn't call it rare, either. If you do, simply keep your FC up until you get back to the 1 ppm loss again.

You are in the home stretch so don't rush or skip any steps but it sounds like you will be changing sand tomorrow. :goodjob:

I just put the new gauge on and it is still at 7 psi. I think everything is O.K. It might drop more than 1 tonight because I am going to climb in and scrub every sq. inch again. I am glad I got the extra 870 and 871 from you because I ran out of the 871 last night. I am going to give it another day or two before I change the sand. I wonder if I have broke the record for the most amount of Chlorox? 117 bottles so far. I could have most likely saved 30 or 40 bottles if I had not kept putting it in during the day. The sunlight gobbles it right up. That's O.K. I just want it done. When I put the CYA in I see that this site recommends putting it in a sock and putting it in the skimmer. Would it be O.K. to swim in the pool until the correct levels of everything are correct or should we stay out?

Changed sand yesterday and added CYA. FL 16.5 at 10:00pm last night and 16 at 6:30am this morning. CC's .5 this am and .5 now. CYA at 30 now. 7 psi. FL is 13 now and just raised to 17. Pool is not quite crystal clear but looks great. I want to thank everyone very much for their help with getting rid of that mess and clearing my pool up. I will always buy my test kits here. The only question I could not find answered ( I am sure it is somewhere) is should I let the FL drop naturally or lower it with chemicals?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.