Converting from Baquacil

That could be a reason why you haven't noticed a major change. You never really have yet to take the FC levels up to start really breaking up the Baqua. Today once you get your kit, raise the FC level to 15 (should be 2 jugs of 8% bleach) and see if you notice a change.

Now the more frequently you can add bleach to maintain the FC level of 15 the faster the conversion will go. Test hourly if you can.

Started at 6:pm yesterday. Brought it back to 15 each time. 6pm - 6, 7pm- 10, 8pm- 12, 9pm- 15, 10pm- 12, 11pm- 13, 6am- 8.5, 7am- 9.5, 9:30am- 15(didn't put any back in), 3:30pm- 1 (very sunny)

Night before last it only dropped 1 ppm, thought I was there. then last night it dropped 7.5. I haven't seen any gook come out when I have backwashed and rinsed in 3 days. I still cannot see the bottom but the water looks good, only hazy. I have a Pool Rover Jr. and ran him about 4 hours yesterday afternoon and he did not have much in the bag when I took him out. I have used 55 jugs of Chlorox so far. I am waiting any minute now for the ATF to surround my house and come in looking for a meth lab. Even the clerk at the store yesterday questioned me after I bought all of their bleach. He He !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Even though the pool looks fairly good I cannot seem to pour it in fast enough in the daytime. I am putting in more an hour now than I did 5 days ago. I have no gook in the skimmer or when I backwash but I have put in 10 gallons in the last 2 1/2 hours. It is very hot and sunny today also. Guess I'll head to the store for more Chlorox and beer. I'll have to start going out of state for Chlorox if this keeps up.

You're standing with a double edge sword at this point. Adding chlorine during the day helps the process go faster, but most of it gets burnt up to the sun due to zero CYA. Adding only at night slows the process down some, however none of the chlorine gets burnt up to the sun....saving chlorine in the long run.

It's really your call at this point to add during the day, or wait until the sun goes down. Both have there pro's and con's.

I think I will just keep at it and long as all of the local stores don't run out. 79 bottles so far. I can see the 4th step on the ladder now where I couldn't this morning so I think it made some progress today. Thanks for the help.

Is there anyway we can get a photo of the pool? Nothing helps us see the condition of the water better than a quick snapshot.

Tonight after the sun goes down raise the FC level to 15 and allow to circulate for about 30minutes. Re-Test, but this time test the CC level too. I'm interested just how much you're fighting here.

I added 45 minutes ago and just tested it and it is at 16.5. When I get back tonight I will recheck and I will take a pic in the A.M. I think things are going O.K. but I have sun from Sunrise to Sunset because I am on the beach, and that might be why it is cooking it up and is taking a while. I will test the CC level when I get back tonight. But it is looking better all the time. Thanks for the help.

I've tried everything to upload a picture but it says invalid image. I've taking other pictures and moved them to different folders also and same message. Last night at 11:30 I tested and it was holding at 15 and cc's were .5 (only 1 drop). 8:00 am it was at 6 and cc's the same .5. I will keep trying with the picture.

Last night at 11:30 I tested and it was holding at 15 and cc's were .5 (only 1 drop). 8:00 am it was at 6 and cc's the same .5.
Two things consume chlorine....sunlight and organic material in your pool. Since there was no sunlight (to speak of) between your 11:30PM test and your 8:00AM test, you lost 9 PPM of chlorine to organics (baqua or algae....it doesn't matter) that are still in your pool.

Did you bring FC back up to 15 ppm after the 8:00AM test?

PS - you can disregard CC's testing until your water is virtually clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.