Controlling Heating of Pool with Easytouch

MiguelACA

Silver Supporter
May 12, 2020
Houston
Moved from here.

@Jimrahbe

I want to piggyback on this thread, does the easytouch / screenlogic system act/function differently if it is set up for a pool vs spa? I only have one body of water (pool, no spa). I still have issues when heating up the pool with automation. I was thinking of configuring to reflect the body of water being a spa. I remember reading somewhere about changing the names of circuits to hi temp / lo temp or something like that.

Do you have any insight on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Miguel,

It should not matter... You should be able to set the pool to 104 degrees.

The EasyTouch only looks at the water temp and compares it to your "set point".. If the water temp is lower than the set point, a small relay closes which tells the heater to turn on.. It does nothing else.. It does not tell the heater what temperature to run.. You should have the heater set to full hot.... Once the heater turns on and the water temp gets up to your set point, then the small relay opens and the heater stops heating..

If you have the heater set to 85 degrees, that is as hot as the water will ever get...

Your heater may have a setting for Pool or Spa, but the EasyTouch would not know that..

I am assuming the heater is being controlled by a 2-wires fireman's switch and not RS-485 communication port.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Miguel,

It should not matter... You should be able to set the pool to 104 degrees.

The EasyTouch only looks at the water temp and compares it to your "set point".. If the water temp is lower than the set point, a small relay closes which tells the heater to turn on.. It does nothing else.. It does not tell the heater what temperature to run.. You should have the heater set to full hot.... Once the heater turns on and the water temp gets up to your set point, then the small relay opens and the heater stops heating..

If you have the heater set to 85 degrees, that is as hot as the water will ever get...

Your heater may have a setting for Pool or Spa, but the EasyTouch would not know that..

I am assuming the heater is being controlled by a 2-wires fireman's switch and not RS-485 communication port.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hm, if it makes a difference...its a heat pump with cool/heat and controlled by the RS-485

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.