controller/power supply mounting suggestions

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I have 2 options,
I can mount it on the wood fence beside the breaker box but it will be exposed to elements like rain polen etc.
Or I can mount it in a pool room 6' x 6' that is insulated and stays cooler then outside. It would be very close to the salt cell so no issues there, just had to extend the power but still only 8' from breaker box.

My thinking is in the pool room but wanted to get some feed back from other users

In the installation manual Circupool says:

The Module is fully rated for outdoor use; common sense considerations such as minimizing direct exposure to rain, sunlight, water runoff, and lawn sprinkler systems will enhance longevity. As with most electronics, avoid placing the controls above a heater or in tightly enclosed or insulated spaces to avoid a build-up of excess heat.

Put the control module wherever you think it is best in your environment.

In the installation manual Circupool says:

The Module is fully rated for outdoor use; common sense considerations such as minimizing direct exposure to rain, sunlight, water runoff, and lawn sprinkler systems will enhance longevity. As with most electronics, avoid placing the controls above a heater or in tightly enclosed or insulated spaces to avoid a build-up of excess heat.

Put the control module wherever you think it is best in your environment.
Thanks, seems covered would help. It looks like a sturdy unit

Interesting, was reading about winterizing and it says " storing the power supply in a dry location for winter will extend it's life" :)

Last edited:
At one of my pools I have it mounted to a 4x4 @the equipment pad with a roof like visor extending 2 inches either side and the front overhanging a good bit so it's shaded and protected from direct rainfall. This was as per cicupools advice since wall mounting wasn't an option. Winter time we just encapsulate it and looks brand new..

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.