Control Panel Wired Correctly?

Inception85

In The Industry
May 28, 2021
Dallas, TX
Electrician wired this pentair control panel but the pumps wont turn on. we only have the filter and booster pump wired in. I am getting 240v on 1 and 3 on the 1st relay for the main pump but nothing on 2 & 4 where he has it wired. he says its wired correctly but I need to do somthing to engage the relay? any help would be appreciated, thanks. (I also am not getting any voltage to the pump)

Attachments

• control panel glen .jpg
    control panel glen .jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 18
  • control panel glen 2 .jpg
    control panel glen 2 .jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 18

We need to know what kind of pump you have????

The relay in the upper left is called the Pump/Filter relay. It will only close (and send power to pins 2 and 4) when the system is in AUTO and the Pool or Spa modes.

Depending what pump you have several other things control when the pump will turn on.

I just noticed.. You are in the Service mode. Why??? Again, depending on the pump, it may or may not run in the service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I

We need to know what kind of pump you have????

The relay in the upper left is called the Pump/Filter relay. It will only close (and send power to pins 2 and 4) when the system is in AUTO and the Pool or Spa modes.

Depending what pump you have several other things control when the pump will turn on.

I just noticed.. You are in the Service mode. Why??? Again, depending on the pump, it may or may not run in the service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.
It's a simple single speed 2hp pump. 2 wires and ground. I had it in service mode to manually turn the pumps on while checking voltage. Why doesn't the 1st relay provide power to 3 and 4 when on?

Last edited by a moderator:

You have 4 relays.. Each relay has a coil wire that plugs into the EasyTouch card. In theory, the upper left relay should be plugged into the Pump/Filter connector on the Board. Unfortunately, any relay can be plugged into any of the 2 pin connectors. My guess is that the relay is plugged into the wrong connector. Or not plugged in at all, or you could just have a bad relay.

Just curious. Is this single speed pump the main pool pump or just a booster pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

You have 4 relays.. Each relay has a coil wire that plugs into the EasyTouch card. In theory, the upper left relay should be plugged into the Pump/Filter connector on the Board. Unfortunately, any relay can be plugged into any of the 2 pin connectors. My guess is that the relay is plugged into the wrong connector. Or not plugged in at all, or you could just have a bad relay.

Just curious. Is this single speed pump the main pool pump or just a booster pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.
yup, relay was not plugged in. Thanks man!!!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.