Contractor leaving me hanging

IMAPoolNovice

Nov 27, 2021
Phoenix
Hello,

I just got my pool resurfaced on Tuesday with Universal Mini Pebble. He came back on Wednesday to do an acid wash and fill the pool. He said he was coming back Friday to start up the pump and balance the chemicals but now he won't be here till Monday, is it normal to let it sit that long? He said don't worry about it but I'm not sure who to believe, It seems most people get it up and running rather quickly, Not 5 days after it was filled.

We normally take care of our own pool but I don't want to do anything that would damage the pebble or ruin the warranty. I'm not even sure if our scuppers work at this point.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to TFP.

Your biggest issue with the water sitting idle is plaster dust settling on the surfaces and hardening. Getting the pump running, the filter operating, and brushing the pool is to filter out the pkaster dust and not let it settle.

I would be brushing the pool a few times a day while you wait for the filter to get running.

Reactions: IMAPoolNovice
Long ago, when our pool was built, the fill was started on a Thursday and finished by Friday afternoon. The PB told us not to touch anything and just let it sit until he could get there on Monday. Some random dude came by late Friday afternoon and dropped a gallon of acid in the water and gave the pool a very light brushing to mix it (I think he worked for the PB but who really knows, he may have been the “fairy pool angel” … with tattoos and a bushy beard ). Monday came and the PB had a “family emergency” (which was code word for taking a day to go golf with his buddies). He showed up bright and early Tuesday morning, got everything running and started balancing out the chemicals. By Wednesday he was trying to teach me chemistry (😂😂😂) and we were swimming the next day. Probably the worst startup process ever executed in the history of plaster pools but, we survived. You will too.

Now go have a glass of wine or a beer and relax ….

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.