Contract signed...Should be swimming in April, NW Houston

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Well the wife and I have enjoyed our test pool (AGP) enough we signed the contract this afternoon for a inground fiberglass built by Leisure Pools.
I had local gunite builders quote me and I saved about 10K going this way.

Attached are a couple images, one of the pool items. we added an extra pump for the water wall and upgraded the heater to 400K BTU's.

I will post up his latest rendering when I get it!!! The one attached did not have the pool in the exact location.

If anyone is looking for an AGP in Houston area Let me know.

Thanks
John

Attachments

• ULTIMATE-FEATURE-IMG1-1.jpg
    ULTIMATE-FEATURE-IMG1-1.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Pool info.jpg
    Pool info.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 290
Thanks, and with Chemical logging we get a lifetime warranty, other PB would not even think about that.

All equipment is Hayward no way to change that out, 3 year warranty.

Ultimate 30' x 15' 6" Sapphire Blue W/ Waterwall 8' long
Standard Equipment Hayward MaxFlo VS 500 (Expert Line), Hayward Swim Clear 200 Sq Ft Filter, Handover Kit, Starter Kit, Plumbing Kit,
Skimmer Kit, 2 Main Drains, 6 Spa Jets, 2 Three Way Valves
Upgrade: Hayward TriStar VS 950, Hayward E Command 4 (2 Actuators, 6 Function Hayward Auto Chlorine Feeder

Hayward Universal H-Series Heater 400k BTU - Natural Gas

Pal Commander (driver and remote)
4 - Pal 2L2 LED Lights

400 sq ft of concrete with cantilever coping bull nose
Extra 1.5 HP pump for water wall - 2 more returns and Return Line

John

John, congrats on the new pool! Your equipment listing looks pretty straight-forward. One thing I would remind you about for future reference is chlorination. If you recall, the tab feeders are fine when used sparingly (short-term) while monitoring yoru CYA closely with your TF-100 becasue we know tabs tend to push the CYA too high over time. Once the CYA grows to an acceptable range, you have to go manual (liquid chlorine/bleach). If you contnue with automation, you might consider an SWG upgrade versus manual. Either is fine, just want you to know all your options. Best of luck on the install.

You could use the PoolMath App to track and store your test data. I hope they are not dictating chemistry levels you are to maintain that are in conflict with TFPC.

A SWCG generates chlorine on a daily basis. Overall the cost is a wash with using liquid chlorine. Cell life is finite with most rated for 10000 generating hours. Properly sizing your SWCG and monitoring CSI makes their use far more convenient than hauling jugs of liquid chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In my case (Viking), they want to see proof that the water is tested by a reliable source ..... hold on to your hat ......... "the pool store". AND they want to see that the water was maintained IAW their published recommended levels. Very disappointing guidance to say the least, but that's their rules for warranty coverage. In your case John, at least you can use your TF-100 on a daily basis and run a store test every 2-3 weeks for y our files just to appease the warranty if needed. Just ignore all the pool store jargon. :deal::rant:

For the chlorine, if you stick to that, shop around for the best deal. I've been locked into using HEB's regular Bravo for quite some time. Still 8.25% at a decent price $2.94.

In my case (Viking), they want to see proof that the water is tested by a reliable source ..... hold on to your hat ......... "the pool store". AND they want to see that the water was maintained IAW their published recommended levels. Very disappointing guidance to say the least, but that's their rules for warranty coverage. In your case John, at least you can use your TF-100 on a daily basis and run a store test every 2-3 weeks for y our files just to appease the warranty if needed. Just ignore all the pool store jargon. :deal::rant:

For the chlorine, if you stick to that, shop around for the best deal. I've been locked into using HEB's regular Bravo for quite some time. Still 8.25% at a decent price $2.94.

I have been using HEB in my new pool. Did you see that Home Depot has a 3 pack of HDX 10% for $9.98. How does that compare?

Check the Julian date on the Home Depot product. They occassionally try to move their old product, which now is more like salty water, for a reduced price.

Reactions: Grjones1020
Check the Julian date on the Home Depot product. They occassionally try to move their old product, which now is more like salty water, for a reduced price.

At my local Lowes last week, they had 2 pallets of bleach on display, with a "buy 1 get one at 50% off while supply lasts" promotion.
I didnt need any bleach, but curiosity got the best of me so I picked up a jug to check the date. Day 305.....of 2017.

KimKats,
We pushed it 3ft away from the edge of the pergola so it is 6ft away from the bar, we also pushed it to the limit of the easement zone. We left 1ft of safety for the over head easement.

It is shown in the approximate actual location, we just shifted it a smidge.

Yes, the layout was exactly what we want, even if gunite we also wanted spa and large steps near the bar. and deep enough where we get cooler water for hot summer temp control. What is not shown is a 8ft wide water wall along the back of the pool (Centered and opposite side from the house) I will cover it to match the outdoor kitchen even same granite top section.

One last part of the overall plan is to continue the existing flower bed 22ft along back fence and 10ft on side fence. I will remove the existing stone, then I will install cinderblock bricks and face those with same slate.
I grow Plumerias and have several that will go in the new extended beds.

John

Attachments

• Waterwall-2-1.jpg
    Waterwall-2-1.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20130902_142405.jpg
    20130902_142405.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • 20160930_094936.jpg
    20160930_094936.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 98
If you haven’t already had your utilities located, get them booked to do that now. It takes up to 2 weeks for each person to come out. If you need to have your gas line moved, Centerpoint takes another 3 weeks to get that done.

Poolbella,

Yes, I have electric and plumbing on the books. calling CenterPoint today and Call before you dig also. I have 1 large issue right now that is in the way. There are 90 Plumerias from seedlings to mature 12-13ft tall trees inside that blue structure. I need to know we are freeze free before I open that mess up!!!

Attachments

• 20181110_124859.jpg
    20181110_124859.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Poolbella

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.