Contract signed...Should be swimming in April, NW Houston

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Oh no, it is at Brenner's on the Bayou (Old Rainbow Lodge) however we will have family and friends at the House Saturday night and Sunday.

Will be really nice to have it complete when company arrives!!!

John

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Here is hoping! Hummmmmmmmm I wonder if you can sweeten the pot if you tell the installers and workers about THAT weekend and that you would LOVE to have it 100% done by then..............tell then their green could grow if it is done!

Kim:kim:

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Does not look like much, however old AGP was picked up Friday and I have emptied and dismantled the greenhouse. I have 2 large girls still to move. however that is a Monday after noon job as I am tired.

I have a bunch of 2ft to 4ft tall plumerias up for sale, PM me if interested.

Just a progress update, time for Gas, Sewer and Electric crews to start their process.

Thanks
JOhn

Attachments

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Kim,

Yes a guy south of us came and took it down so his wife could swim this summer.. i am happy for them, and happier they now own an AGP...

Do you need a plumeria or 4?

John

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I hope you made sure to turn the guy on to TFP so he will have an easy time of caring for it. Did he think he could reuse the liner? So far no one has been able to so.............

Do you want your plumeria to die?? :shock: If so bring them over hehe There is a reason we put rocks around the house :roll: Now give me a puppy or kitten and I can grow them big!

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
We have mud!!!

Sewer line has been moved, trench for electric is ready and gas company comes tomorrow...

Pictures look like piled up dirt...lol...

John

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Kim,
That is funny, here is a pic of the mess. I am more upset they snapped off a large branch off the corner Plumeria (Vera Cruse Rose see avatar image) and did not say anything... I had a chat with their boss when they wanted payment.

Now they are telling us pool is ready to install March 12th. Well let us see what DigCo says today about the gas move...

At least we are making progress...

Attachments

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
I deducted $580.00 off their fees...

Any different them swinging the equipment and having a rock break a window. I have about 90 plumerias, that should make a normal person go "I wonder why"

John

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Who came up the amount? Did you get it in writing that they were paid in full?

I would LOVE to be able to grow plants but that is not in my skill set!

galowbraw

Jan 11, 2019
SPRING/Texas
John,

I completely forgot about your thread. Saw the post of pictures of plumerias and the rest is history. Pool done before wedding would be SWEET. We just need the sun to come out here! I think I saw it today for a second...maybe?

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Galowbraw,
The company has the pool ready and wants to start March 12th. Digco will give me a date middle next week and that determains actual excavation date. The pool completion should be about 7 days from dig to final cement... If mother nature does not alter our plans...

John

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Status update 3/8
Sewer moved and electric conduit in ground and powerline change set for Monday 3/12 (I tossed a 1" line in for future power to back corner of lot)
Gas line reroute set for Tuesday 3/13
Dig currently on track for 3/20
completion set for on or before 3/30

That is the great news. Bad news is I fly out Monday the 18th return on 22nd and then out again on 27th return 29th.

So I am going to set up one of my game cams so I can get a huge amount of progress pics...

Lets hope mother nature plays her part and we do not get crazy rain.

Also, when you have any sort of major project and you have exposed walls or pipes, take pictures, 10 years from now when you want to modify or upgrade knowing where stuff is make a world of difference!!!

John

Attachments

OP
OP
jtburf

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Okay, I need a hand here, where is the salt test kit for the -TF-100 Test kit?
Do I just add these two items to the standard kit?

3. AquaChek Salt Test Strips - If you have a salt pool, testing the salt content of your pool water is very important.

4. Taylor K-1766 Salt Test AND TF-100 Salt Test- For those with salt pools and wanting more precision than the salt strips can provide. The Taylor K-1766 reagents R-0718 and R-0630 come in 0.75 oz sizes and the TF-100 Salt Test R-0718 and R-0630 comes in 0.5 ounce sizes. They are all Taylor reagents

Gracious...
John