Constant battle - is this mustard algae?

Mustard algae? .... perhaps. But first & foremost it does appear to be some form of algae in which case you need to begin the SLAM Process. Follow that page carefully until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria and you should do fine. If you wish to treat for Mustard Algae, do the regular SLAM Process in its entirety first, then once you pass those criteria, increase the FC to Mustard Algae level but only for 24 hrs. Good luck!

I agree with Tx,

A. That's not yellow algae, B. Vacuum whatever it is off the floor.
I couldn't tell you what that is down there other than maybe carbon, mixed with dirt is my best guess with those chlorine levels. It Dang sure can't be algae though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree with Tx,

A. That's not yellow algae, B. Vacuum whatever it is off the floor.
I couldn't tell you what that is down there other than maybe carbon, mixed with dirt is my best guess with those chlorine levels. It Dang sure can't be algae though.
Thanks, I have vacuumed it to waste a couple times and it keeps coming back...I'll keep it up and see if It eventually stops

• Wow
Reactions: Texas Splash
Mustard algae is a light yellow/brown and is a thin layer spreading in the shadow areas of the pool. I fought it for years, not understanding the FC/CYA relationship.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.