Connecting pump filter and multi-port valve

jaspers95

Aug 1, 2019
Long Island, NY
Trying to open my pool for the first time since my pool guy is real busy and its finally nice outside. Got the cover off, got the gizmos out of skimmers and replaced the plugs with the return eyes. Now I'm trying to re-connect the plumbing for the pump multi-port valve and the d/e filter. In the pump basket I found a bunch of o-rings and I'm not sure where they go. I think I know where the o-rings with the flanges on them go but not sure about the others. I have pictures in the attached link of the o-rings and what I'm trying to connect. There are 6 o-rings and I have to connect the following:
1. pump to skimmer (o-ring with flage on it)
2. pump to multi-port (o-ring with flage on it)
3. multi-port to backwash line
4. multi-port to filter (2 connections)
5. multi-port to pool returns
6. Salt water T Cell on both sides

If someone could please tell me where the o-rings go and anything else I should know after I get this connected I'd really appreciate it. Also wondering if the salt water t cell has to go in a particular direction?

Attachments

• IMG_3587[1].jpg
    IMG_3587[1].jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3588[1].jpg
    IMG_3588[1].jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3589[1].jpg
    IMG_3589[1].jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3590[1].jpg
    IMG_3590[1].jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3591[1].jpg
    IMG_3591[1].jpg
    744 KB · Views: 4
I think I got everything. At least everything in connected running and not leaking. Only question I had was the o rings connect to the filter I put the small ones on and had to slide them down to the base of the connection. The other o rings seemed to fit in a groove of the unions

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.