Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,
I have a SWG Powercenter that was wired into the GFCI and works great for the most part - I would like to connect it directly to the Pump Relays in the main electrical panel - I cant seem to find any instructions online for this. anyone have any instructions ? The manual that comes with the SWG power center shows me how to connect to a manual timer (but i dont have a manual timer) i have a fully automated EasyTouch Pentair Panel. (upgraded from Compool last year)

any information or instructions/videos would be helpful. ive added a picture of the relays in the back. TY

Attachments

• pool-relays.JPG
    pool-relays.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
x,

You just wire the SWCG's Power Center to the Load side of the Pump/Filter relay. Make sure the voltage on the Line side of the Pump/Filter relay matches what the Power Center's transformer is wired for..

If not already there you will need to install a 4-wire cable between the EasyTouch com port (J20) and the com port in the Power Center.

Show us some pics of your automation so we can see all the relays etc..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: xclaim494
x,

You just wire the SWCG's Power Center to the Load side of the Pump/Filter relay. Make sure the voltage on the Line side of the Pump/Filter relay matches what the Power Center's transformer is wired for..

If not already there you will need to install a 4-wire cable between the EasyTouch com port (J20) and the com port in the Power Center.

Show us some pics of your automation so we can see all the relays etc..

Thanks,

Jim R.

sure here you go - I didn't setup any of this - I inherited it from previous homeowner

Attachments

• PXL_20210813_174417901.jpg
    PXL_20210813_174417901.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 21
X,

Ok.. In newer systems you wire directly to the relay.. In your system the relays are connected to a series of white terminal blocks, so you wire to the terminal block connectors..

There are four sections to each terminal block. If you look at the top of the white terminal blocks, you will see that 4 light blue wires are connected to the first 4 sections of the terminal block. Counting down from the top this is how you system should be wired...

The first blue wire is Line (input) #1
The second blue wire is Line (input) #2
The third blue wire is Load (output) #1
The fourth blue wires is Load (output) #2

Do you have a voltmeter??? Measure between Line #1 and Line #2 and you should measure 240 Volts AC.. This is the input voltage to the Pump/Filter relay.

If you measure between Load #1 and Load #2, you should get the same 240 Volts AC when in the Pool or Spa mode and the pump should be running... If you go into the Service mode, the pump should shut off and the voltage should go away.

I see you have an IntelliFlo pump, so in theory, the pump should be getting constant AC power and should not be connected to the pump filter relay.. If your pump is connected to the two light blue wires from Load #1 and Load #2, it is not right, but we can fix it without any issues..

At this point I need to know where the two light blue wires from Load #1 and #2 go.. If they don't go to your VS pump, where do they go???

Thanks,

Jim R.

firstly TY as always Jim . you are awesome

remember i inherited this system ... the two light blue wires from Load #1 and #2 do goto the pump and the heater and are wire-nutted together - i followed the lines all the way through.

secondly i have a Super-flow pump and i do have a 353129Z cable that i would like to install as well to connect the superflow pump to my panel but i dont believe i have any free relays ? is my understanding right ?

the reason the Load #1 and #2 do goto the poump and heater is becasue when i inherited the house with the old single speed pump that burned out i replaced it with a superflow at that time and i didnt care to check if it was connected to the relay or not - I actually like that is connected to the relay as i can control start/stop thru my automation.

its all coming together in my head now but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TY

x,

Since the pump and heater wires are wire nutted together, then you can simple connect your SWCG Power Center to the same wire nuts...

Just make sure that the Power Center is wired for 240 just like your pump and heater.. The transformer in the Power Center can be wired for 120 VAC or 240 VAC... You will blow it up if it is wired for 120 volts and you connect it to 240 volts..

Did you buy the SuperFlo VS this year or the very end of last year???

Thanks,

Jim R.

x,

Since the pump and heater wires are wire nutted together, then you can simple connect your SWCG Power Center to the same wire nuts...

Just make sure that the Power Center is wired for 240 just like your pump and heater.. The transformer in the Power Center can be wired for 120 VAC or 240 VAC... You will blow it up if it is wired for 120 volts and you connect it to 240 volts..

Did you buy the SuperFlo VS this year or the very end of last year???

Thanks,

Jim R.
I bought the Superflo VS 4 years back - why do you ask ?

Jim TY TY TY

I'm done it took me 1 hr from start to finish

1. Checked the voltage from the 2 lines and loads like u mentioned and it came back 240V (phew - TY for that tip - I would have fried my equipment if it wasn't for you)
2. Put off all pool breakers
3. Put off main breaker in the house (to the Pool) JIC
4. routed wires through the panel
5. connected each to the blues on the Load Side of Relay 1 (order does not matter)
6. I had to re-do the jumpers on the SWG power unit to switch it from 110 to 220 (again TY for that tip)
7. switched all breakers back on and switched on automation and now SWG is purring like a well fed cat !

Initially i was scratching my head as to why it was 220V but then it all made sense when I checked the wires back to the double 110V breakers. that must be a Heater/Pump standard ?

All's good now I can control all equipment's power through my automation and I will keep SWG on at 30-50% depending on season.

I cant say TY enough - Hope someone else makes use of this thread - a lot of good info here.

TY again. Have a great day!

X,

Depending on the exact model, the new ones can be controlled by the RS-485 cable which is how the EasyTouch controls the IntelliFlo pumps..

It is a moot point now.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
yeah too late for that - but the Superflo is a beast ! very happy with it !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.