Confirmation Please

RLJDJB

Aug 8, 2018
Owensboro, Kentucky
Starting my TFP method for the first time this new swim year. Wanting some conformation on steps taken:
1) Run my Dolphin to clean pool bottom and let pump/filter run for 24 hours.
2) Backwash & Test water and get Alk & PH correct.
3) Test water and Slam with bleach accordingly based on CYA table found on TFP.
Comments please and thanks in advance??!

Starting my TFP method for the first time this new swim year. Wanting some conformation on steps taken:
1) Run my Dolphin to clean pool bottom and let pump/filter run for 24 hours.
2) Backwash & Test water and get Alk & PH correct.
3) Test water and Slam with bleach accordingly based on CYA table found on TFP.
Comments please and thanks in advance??!
Not sure how many years you've had the pool, but you will hopefully enjoy the simplicity of TFP care! :D
  1. You can start testing the water, 30min - 1hr after running pump/filter
  2. Yes, mostly be sure the PH isn't high (you can deal with TA after you make sure the FC is holding)
    • As you have learned, the PH test gives a false high reading if/when FC/10+ :) (well done)
    • Balance other parameters as needed (remember no calcium added for vinyl pools)
  3. A SLAM Process is, usually, only necessary if the pool is green or other issue
  4. If it's clear, you can add FC (liquid chlorine/bleach) using PoolMath calculations, in front of return
    • retest in 30min (with pump on and circulating), if the FC has dropped,
    • THEN you will need to perform the full SLAM Process until FC holds
    • you can recheck the PH once FC comes back down to "normal range"
  5. Enjoy the pool & easy care this summer!

Not sure how many years you've had the pool, but you will hopefully enjoy the simplicity of TFP care! :D
  1. You can start testing the water, 30min - 1hr after running pump/filter
  2. Yes, mostly be sure the PH isn't high (you can deal with TA after you make sure the FC is holding)
    • As you have learned, the PH test gives a false high reading if/when FC/10+ :) (well done)
    • Balance other parameters as needed (remember no calcium added for vinyl pools)
  3. A SLAM Process is, usually, only necessary if the pool is green or other issue
  4. If it's clear, you can add FC (liquid chlorine/bleach) using PoolMath calculations, in front of return
    • retest in 30min (with pump on and circulating), if the FC has dropped,
    • THEN you will need to perform the full SLAM Process until FC holds
    • you can recheck the PH once FC comes back down to "normal range"
  5. Enjoy the pool & easy care this summer!
Awesome! Thank you!!

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.