Confirm this is trowel mottling?

Davey_crocket

Nov 3, 2019
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Hey guys,

I had the pool half drained over the weekend (was exchanging water to get rid of iron from bad salt) and got a chance to look at what the surface looked like dry.

Since we have owned the house the pool has always had a mix of white and grey mottling. From my reading I assume it is from trowling at construction. Wanted to see if anyone here could confirm?

Close up there is a stark difference in the colour given off by the bulk of the beads!Screenshot_20230618_195005_Photos.jpg

Looks fine. I don’t know what problem you are trying to find.

Last edited:
View attachment 505328maybe this shows it a bit clearer, the bottom has some areas that are distinctly grey, with others that are a much brighter white.

White Spotting of New Plaster Pools The problem of plaster spotting has been an ongoing puzzle and controversy in the swimming pool industry for over three decades. The generally round, smooth-yet-unsightly white soft spots in new plaster pools have long been a source of contention among pool plasterers, and pool chemical service firms or pool owners, each blaming the other for the phenomenon

How White Pool Plaster Can Turn Gray One would think that when mixing white cement with white limestone aggregate, the final pool plaster product would always be white. But that is not always the case. Unfortunately, white pool plaster sometimes turns gray (or grey) either immediately or a few months after the pool is filled with water. So what causes that to happen?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.