Configuring Pentair pump times

gwksub

Mar 1, 2024
So California
Hi,
I’m new to the forum but have been able to get a lot of answers off of this great forum! I’m trying to configure my pump times and different speeds for daily cleaning. I added some new functions on my screen logic using SL config. I added a pool low, pool medium and pool high. Obviously all with different rpm speeds.
It seemed to be working great but then I noticed my chlorine levels dropping. Long story short I ended up figuring out that the salt cell doesn’t turn on with the new pool low/high features I added. No lights or anything while those run, but clicks right on when the original pool function is used. Any ideas on why this might happen?

gwk,

The problem is that the Pump/Filter relay only closes when in the Pool mode or Spa mode. The fix is very simple..

Set your pool mode to the slowest speed your ever want to run that still turns on the SWCG
Then with the pool mode on, turn on additional speeds..

When the pump sees two or more speeds it will always run the fastest one.

So.. if you have pool mode on at say 1200 and then you turn on pool medium on at 1500, the pump will run at 1500 RPM,

If you turn off Pool Medium, the pump speed will drop back to 1200..

Pool mode should be scheduled for the entire time you run the pump each day...

Just because you add the word 'pool' to a circuit name, does not mean it puts the system into the actual Pool mode.. :mrgreen:

If that does not make sense, just let me know..

Thanks,

Jim R.

gwk,

The problem is that the Pump/Filter relay only closes when in the Pool mode or Spa mode. The fix is very simple..

Set your pool mode to the slowest speed your ever want to run that still turns on the SWCG
Then with the pool mode on, turn on additional speeds..

When the pump sees two or more speeds it will always run the fastest one.

So.. if you have pool mode on at say 1200 and then you turn on pool medium on at 1500, the pump will run at 1500 RPM,

If you turn off Pool Medium, the pump speed will drop back to 1200..

Pool mode should be scheduled for the entire time you run the pump each day...

Just because you add the word 'pool' to a circuit name, does not mean it puts the system into the actual Pool mode.. :mrgreen:

If that does not make sense, just let me know..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ahhhhh. That makes sense! Thank you very much

Reactions: Jimrahbe