Concrete pool up north

Thanks for asking :-D
I have been fully busy to become the best me that I possible can by healthy eating, thinking and exercising. I have almost become a freak when it comes to nutrition and training and totally lost interest in our pool :(
That is of course a little exaggeration but there is a bit of thruth in it. It was such dissapointment when the contractors failed to do what they said they would so we decided to let the pool be to early next year. So what we have done is to concentrate on the surroundings and to get the walls done, everything in a slow pace but that's all good. Once we came to conclusion that we didn't have the strenght to start tile was it an easy descion to concentrate on other things instead of the tile's. With that said I regret that I haven't put more effort into it than I have. There is still alot of work left especially on the kitchen and the yard around the pool but now I have atleast promised myself to work at home every saturday, just with that one day a week things come to place slow and steady.
Right now I'm about to build a roof over the new car that we bought so that will delay the pool work a little further.

Here is too many pics of very little work :shock: but that's all there is :-D

all the best unitl next time
Mats[attachment=2:2drfiovi]new deckIMG_3771.gif[/attachment:2drfiovi][attachment=1:2drfiovi]new deckIMG_3774.gif[/attachment:2drfiovi][attachment=0:2drfiovi]new deckIMG_3776.gif[/attachment:2drfiovi]

Attachments

• new deckIMG_3771.gif
    new deckIMG_3771.gif
    131.9 KB · Views: 810
  • new deckIMG_3774.gif
    new deckIMG_3774.gif
    155.5 KB · Views: 809
  • new deckIMG_3776.gif
    new deckIMG_3776.gif
    77.1 KB · Views: 810
If you haven't had more than enough already, here is three more :cool:[attachment=2:1deh2kmn]new deckIMG_3777.gif[/attachment:1deh2kmn][attachment=1:1deh2kmn]new deckIMG_3779.gif[/attachment:1deh2kmn][attachment=0:1deh2kmn]new deckIMG_3781.gif[/attachment:1deh2kmn]

Attachments

• new deckIMG_3777.gif
    new deckIMG_3777.gif
    155.9 KB · Views: 801
  • new deckIMG_3779.gif
    new deckIMG_3779.gif
    74.1 KB · Views: 802
  • new deckIMG_3781.gif
    new deckIMG_3781.gif
    152.6 KB · Views: 801
I can add that we are very satisfied the way it turns out and we can both see how good it eventually will become once it's done. The fact that we can step right out from the living room to the pool without any shoes it's just awesome. And I can't wait until next summer when the blue water will reflect on the white walls. THen I should not do anything else than drag myself from the sun chair to the kitchen to prepare compulsary green juice for me and my wife hahaha......

Mats:

Good to hear from you. The rest of the back yard looks great! You really have a very strong design sense, and it looks as though things are coming out beautifully. I like your attitude... slow and steady. Maybe you can slowly do some tile work in the pool during the off season?

All the best...

Craig

P.S. Following your build thread has been truly inspiring. I've a new level of respect for those who build their own pools!

Mats... just dropped in to have a look... that looks fabulous! As they are finishing up my deck as I write this, I too look forward to when I can tip-toe out from the house to the pool without getting the feet dirty.

I like the shower too.

I wonder if like me you look back on how much you have done and experience a "disconnect" from the amount of work put into it... it seems almost like someone else did it all, until I start looking at individual boards and pieces and thinking "I put that up there, I painted that, I stuccoed that...etc etc" and then it sinks in and I wonder what kind of crazy best describes me.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry not coming back to you sooner :wink: I have been here on and off and seen your replies but somehow have I managed to forgott my password :hammer:

I know I have been lazy participating this winter but I enjoy all your builds and reading about them as soon I have time to the point that I can't really find myself to post any replies, stupid right.... They are really inspirational, sometimes a little too inspirational :-D

Like so many times before the last couple of years :shock: do I not have anything specific to show on our build. It's full winter here with snow and below zero degrees and have been for a long period so poolbuilding is on hold until warmer weather arrives. New tiles is stored in the pool and the epoxy and glas tile in our basement. So I hope and calculate with that this project won't cost me so much more in terms of money, labour is probably another thing I'm afraid......

I'm done with the lightning around the pool and in the garden. If I count the three lights in the pool will we end up with 34 armatures. I know how we all like pics so I post a few that I took not so long ago.

No-mas:
I'm not sure for how long the warm water in the shower will last. I never plugged it in last summer after all that happend. I do belive though that on a sunny day it will heat up the water in the tube quite rapidly.

Lershac:
you're spot on! That goes for me aswell. Sometimes when I look at pics do I have to pinch myself to really understand that I have done this myself, all the way from scratch. When you enter a project this big you're lucky that you don't understand the amount of work there is. No sane individuall would step into it voluntarily if they did. On the other hand, it does feel pretty good afterwards :) . So the moral of my rant is. Don't be afraid to build your own pool, hahaha :goodjob:

Thanks to all the rest of you that shows interest in this thread. I'm so humbled.....[attachment=2:shb4ss83]lamporIMG_4608.gif[/attachment:shb4ss83][attachment=1:shb4ss83]lamporIMG_4619 (2).gif[/attachment:shb4ss83][attachment=0:shb4ss83]lamporIMG_4622.gif[/attachment:shb4ss83]

Attachments

• lamporIMG_4608.gif
    lamporIMG_4608.gif
    129.2 KB · Views: 549
  • lamporIMG_4619 (2).gif
    lamporIMG_4619 (2).gif
    60.2 KB · Views: 548
  • lamporIMG_4622.gif
    lamporIMG_4622.gif
    80 KB · Views: 549

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good grief, Mats! When are you gonna' post some more pics and tell us some more stuff? :rant: :rant:

We're in withdrawal over here :shock: :shock:

If nothing else, what is the water temperature? :grrrr: :mrgreen:

Tell your beautiful family we all said 'hello' :wave:

To Lershak, Butterfly and all the other beatiful souls over there that are so kind to me!
I will start to retile the pool week 18. I will of course document this tile process intensively so you will have the first set of pics at the end of that week at the latest, so hang in there :-D
Until then! Have the best of springs everyone and don't forget to eat, think, breath health so we all walking down that road to well being together :-D :-D :-D

//Mats

Hi Butterfly!
No I don't belive I did but im glad you asked :-D
I've switched from juices to smoothies during the winter for cost purpose. Organic produce cost quite a bit here during winter months so smoothies is to prefer for that reason. It's pretty much the same ingredients, lots of greens and some fruit to sweetening it up, simples as that :-D
I can say that since I started to include more living foods to my diet I feel great(I felt pretty good before also but I'm even better now :-D).
I do not put myself into a certain category and say that I'm a Vegan or raw or anything like that, I eat meat at occasions but not to often. What I have skipped though is all dairy products and I don't miss them to be honest. Takes a few weeks to get over them but now after over a year without them I woulden't think to include them to my diet again. From what I belive in do they lead to constipation and congestions of most glands and internal organs and what other animal on this planet drinks breast milk through out his entire life? Especially from another art :shock:
There is a lot to say about diets and I'm sure that each and every one of them has their benefits. I just try to see my eating habits in a big perspective and do my best to stay away from processed foods and eat as healthy as I can. I can post a pic or two on myself so you can judge for yourself if I'm doing alright or not hahahaha. I'm just kidding Butterfly :wink: :wink:

Mats,

How ya' doin', my friend? You need to come visit us in North Carolina and I'll help you get your diet back on track.....

For breakfast, A big, icing slathered cinnamon roll with a giant glass of Milk for starters and then a bacon, sausage and cheese omelet for the main course.....maybe some good ole' fatback on the side but it's getting hard to find.

We'll snack on Fried Pork Skins 'til lunch and then get a bacon cheeseburger with fries and wash that down with some "Jolt" Cola (it's got triple caffeine in it).

We may have to carry you into the car, but, for dinner, we'll head for Outback Restaurant to get you a giant slab of red, marbleized meat along with a baked potato slathered in butter, sour cream and bacon. (extra butter on the side, please)

We'll, of course, need several Budweisers to wash that down (none of that sissy lite beer or wine for us) and then smoke a couple of big, fat cigars even if they make us go outside.

They'll be plenty of Breyer's Vanilla Ice Cream at home and a couple more Buds to go with it.

My guess is you'll need about 7-8 days in the detox ward at the hospital and then we can send you back. However, don't be surprised if it starts getting good to you at some point and you decide to stay! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In good health, :cheers:

Your redneck buddy, Dave

Here in NC, if it's green we mow it, spray it or put chlorine on it....we don't eat it!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.