Concrete pool up north

"Bother us" all you want! Know that we all love hearing from you, no matter the subject. We are all here to support you and send good wishes, thoughts and prayers your way. I wish nothing but the best for your family and hope that your mom has great success in her battle with this terrible disease.

Debra

Mats....you, your Mom and your family are in my thoughts! I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, and I know this is a really stressful time...hang in there, and PLEASE keep us updated, OK? We love hearing about you, the family AND the pool! Big Warm Hugs to you guys! Suz

Dear friends
I'm so very greatful to all of you that have had me and my family in your prayers. That have meant a lot to me and still does. I have been so sensitive this last months so I have not been able to read all your supporting post's, but just the thought of you, really helps me getting through these though times that I'm experience right now.

6 weeks and two days. That what it took from the day when I drove my loved mother to the hospital until she passed away 23 of september.
I feel so depressed and hollowed and I can't know for sure if the tears that keep coming if they are from the endless want that I feel, to get the person that have always been at my side, to get her back here where she belongs. Here with me and my family. Or If it a sign of pity for myself that makes the tears keep coming. I have ponder these thoughts for so long that I can't know for sure anymore.
One thing do I know and that is that i will miss the person that always been so protective over me and my family. There was no room for any doubt that she always looked out for Sara and Elin just the way that she always has done for me. And it makes me feel so sorry that this belongs to past times from now on.

I found this wonderful soloist that sang for us in church yesterday and she sang a wonderful version of shooting star and bridge over troublewater for us and my mom. There was so much dignity in this and that is a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

I know that I will be left with all the practical things that I have to deal with once the everyday life will step in again. As much that I hate the thought that the memory of my mother will vanish little by little when we need to continue with our life's. Just as much do I realize that my mother would not want us to bury ourself in grief. I guess this is a struggle that I have to go through.
My dad starts to show signs of Alzheimers and I need to arrange a different type of living for him. My mother have always sort of taking care of him in a way and it shines through how much work my mom was putting in domestically and it also makes me feel sorry. Another thing is the fact that I have to get an insight im my parents economy, its so unreal and a very unpleasant task to do. I hope that I will grow in this situation and I know I will. Time will heal most of the pain and I get a tremendous help from my wife, so I'm well situated in all this after all and I know when summer starts to pound on our door up here I will get the strenghts to continue with the task that once brought me to this site.
Until then thank you!
//Mats

Mats,
Our condolences to you on the loss of your mom. It is hard and surreal at times, but as you said yourself, "Time will heal most of the pain". You will be in our daily thoughts and prayers. Continue to use your support system as they will be a great help to you.

Mats, please accept my most sincere condolences. It's the pain of losing a loved one that we learn to cope with and slowly fades. Our memories of loved ones grow stronger :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mats, I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my mom four years ago and still sometimes the tears still come. But then there are the happy memories, the ones that make me laugh and smile, the ones I share with my children. You will get through this, its what we as humans do, we take care of what must be done. The road ahead wont be easy, but you will perservere. Be strong, and do your mother proud. Honor her memory by being the person she raised you to be. In honor of my mom and the holiday, here is a funny memory I have: My mom put up a christmas tree one year and she also had a new kitten. Not a good combination. Every morning, 3 or 4 mornings in a row, she would wake up and find the tree laying in floor and the kitten playing with decorations. So one day I come home from school and she tells me she "took care of the tree for good". She proceeds to show me how she NAILED THE TREE STAND TO THE FLOOR so the tree wouldnt fall over again. I couldnt believe she put nails in the floor. But mom saw a problem and she fixed it the best she could! She was like that. Do the best with what you have. You will have many memories of your own, and you will embrace them as time goes on. We are all thinking of you and wish you strength and love in this trying time. With condolences,
Debra

Matt and all of you that have showed so much love and concern over me during these hard times. Thanks a ton!
I am deeply touched and moved over all the replies and I have read them over and over. It might sounds a bit lame but they have helped me alot.
Time has healed much of the most urgent sorrows now and life is pretty much back to "normal" if I can say so without sounding harsh. Everyone goes through it sooner or later and I have accepted it and I'm actually back with my poolbuild again :wink:
But I just started last weekend so hopefully will we have some new pics in this endless thread pretty soon..... I can hear some of you say Ohh no! Not more of this crazy swede.... :cool: But you will never get rid of me lol :cheers:

Later and thanks once again!!!

hahaha!
Do you know what I'm up to?? I pour the beams to the wood deck. Every sane person would use wood but not me.
Actually it's not the whole truth. We have so much gravel around the pool beacuse our first option for the deck was stamped concrete. So in order to minimize the amount I have to dig away to fit in high wood beams I simply pour them in concrete instead and the outcome will be better. More stable and overall a better material to have close to the ground.
For you that wonders if I reinforce thoose beams.... Oh yeah, all the way hahaha!

It's not all about poolbuilding on night like this. So I thought I would make another post about everything else but pools.

Despite all the bad things I have experienced this winter, would I like to tell you about how good I'm feeling at the moment. I have started to eat more clean raw foods. I eat tons of vegteables and fresh fruits and herbs combined with good proteins sources like salmon and lean meat. and slow carbs.
I'm in love with it and what it does to me. The boost you get mentally when you get off the processed food and all the empty calories that we are surrounded with is nothing less than awesome. It takes a few weeks to appreciate the taste of veggies and leafy green herbs but once you have been away from the sugar for some time, the taste of it is lovely. I don't have any cravings for sweets what so ever, not saying that I don't ever eat any but I can easily stay away from them and have done so for a like a month straight now.
I would really recommend everyone to try to improve their diet to feel it. I'm so high on life and have so much positive thinking out of this so I thought I should share.

I still got the touch, right.... :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.