Concrete pool up north

Mats, is that really you :shock: :shock:
Welcome back :wave: :wave: I along with the millions and millions of fans are happy to see that you are back :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm amazed and honored and touched from all the post that have been made here during my abscence. I had to show Eva all the post's even if that made me have to explain to her that I have been away from the board for a while, something she wasn't aware of. I woulden't have done that if it wasn't for all the heartbreaking posts. I felt that I wanted to share my happiness with here. She is even more amazed than me.
To mamameg who did her first post on these boards in my thread! WELCOME aboard Meg!! You coulden't have made a better entrance :cool: :-D :cheers: :party: :whoot:

Dave! I have poured the concrete over the machineroom today after I prepoured the skimmers a few days ago the way you showed me. It worked out really well. I din't have to extend the skimmers with sheet metall the way you had to do. The skimmer lid itself was high enough, that saved me a bit of work. As you can see on the pic have I mounted 1/2" of celluar plastic outside the pre poured concrete that will work as a expansion joint against the surrounding concrete, just the way you taughted me :wave:
It was a bit tricky to get the concrete even with all the things that is placed on the machineroom like skimmers and the lid down and the two tubes to the fan, but with a lot of patience did it turned out well.
Next in line(read next weekend) is to compleat the pouring around the rest of the pool(approx 18" wide that will work as a coping) so I can mount the tile on that area which I shall grout together with the pool. Then it's time for filling :whoot: Filling has almost become a surreal word to me over the years but now it's not far away :goodjob:

I have changed plan again regarding our pooldeck. What seems to be the final choice is a wooden deck. So now I stand here with a lot of rebars and heaps of ferric oxide that I don't have any use for and that was both expensive and hard to get hold of :hammer:
There are a few advantages that I can see with wood over concrete or pavers. Dirt and rain water slips down inbetween the boards, so I hope for a slightly cleaner pool with wood compared to other materials. Furhter is wood nice to walk on barefoot and I don't have to worrie about floor drains and slopes from the pool when I construct it. Downsides must be the maintenance and durability.

[attachment=2:hm5ipzli]skimmersIMG_2647.gif[/attachment:hm5ipzli][attachment=1:hm5ipzli]skimmersIMG_2697.gif[/attachment:hm5ipzli][attachment=0:hm5ipzli]Machine pourIMG_2706.gif[/attachment:hm5ipzli]

Attachments

• skimmersIMG_2647.gif
    skimmersIMG_2647.gif
    331.1 KB · Views: 247
  • skimmersIMG_2697.gif
    skimmersIMG_2697.gif
    396.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Machine pourIMG_2706.gif
    Machine pourIMG_2706.gif
    385.4 KB · Views: 248
1. Hey, Mats! Didn't I tell you about all that swooning? :-D If it had been me, smashed in a car wreck, suffering from amnesia and came back after three months, it would've been, "Dave Who? Have you been here before" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2. The rebar work continues to simply amaze me. That is very, very nice work on the skimmers. I remember the big pile of rebar in one of your pics last fall and thinking you had enough to build eight swimming pools......now I think you may run out before you finish!! :shock: :shock:

I ripped of the poolroof this friday and all of the sudden did we have a pool, I find myself lookking out the window just to see the pool and dream away to the summer when it's filled. I'm gonna make a promise that I just crossed my mind. When the pool is filled will I make a video showing my premier bath exclusively for TFP :shock: Something to look forward to or NOT :lol:

Just a random pic showing the pool from a another angel without the roof and also one showing the soccer goal!
I have to go out before it's getting dark and wet the concrete again!!

Thanks again everybody!

//Mats
[attachment=1:1b01x3dr]Machine pourIMG_2708.gif[/attachment:1b01x3dr][attachment=0:1b01x3dr]Machine pourIMG_2709.gif[/attachment:1b01x3dr]

Attachments

• Machine pourIMG_2708.gif
    Machine pourIMG_2708.gif
    310.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Machine pourIMG_2709.gif
    Machine pourIMG_2709.gif
    282.8 KB · Views: 247
duraleigh said:
1. Hey, Mats! Didn't I tell you about all that swooning? :-D If it had been me, smashed in a car wreck, suffering from amnesia and came back after three months, it would've been, "Dave Who? Have you been here before" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2. The rebar work continues to simply amaze me. That is very, very nice work on the skimmers. I remember the big pile of rebar in one of your pics last fall and thinking you had enough to build eight swimming pools......now I think you may run out before you finish!! :shock: :shock:

ROFL!!!!
Yeah I spent a bit more than I would have if the weren't for the changing in pooldeck material. This is the first time I pour a concrete ceiling so I really wanna make sure that it's good enough. After all I'm the one that will spend time underneath it :)
I hope I can sell the left overs and get some of my hard earned money back!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mats!!! Holy Cow...I missed everything, naturally, because life has been pretty stressful at my house, and I'm very spotty on checking in and posting...but can I say....I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WERE GONE!!!! :party: LOL...Dave...you're right...not only is he a Nordic Godlike creature :wink: (Mats, you may or may not want to show your wife HA!!) but this is the BEST POOLBUILD POST EVER. Mats, we all genuinely like you and we can't live without seeing this to the finish, and hearing about your life. You've become a part of us that we like to log on and read about.

So sorry to just find out that you broke ribs..that's so painful, and I hope you're better. Hey, everybody has misunderstandings online where you only read words, and all the other body language, inflection etc. is missing. It happens. So happy you're here. Wouldn't be the same without you. :cheers:

All Right! Mats is back! :goodjob: :cheers:

That picture where we get to see a piece of the tiled pool is amazing. Look forward to more!

How are the ribs healing?

Glad you're back, dude.

Mats, I've been around for years, always reading the posts, and have just been amazed with your work. I am one of the swooners and glad you're back to continue to share with us. I'm Dave's (Duraleigh's) wife and have never posted before - or even registered to do so. Your return prompted me to finally break my silence! :goodjob:

So while I have been waiting for my swamp(pool that sat closed for 3 years) to clear I have read some posts and was intrigued when I saw the up North because in America I live in Maine and that is up North :) So I was pleasantly surprised to see where your posts were from.

Anyway....all I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock:

Your tile is absolutely gorgeous, talk about attention to detail! I adore the kitchen layout, being a woman a good outdoor kitchen is a bonus, love the concrete benches as well.

I'm excited to see the finished product!

mamameg said:
Mats, I've been around for years, always reading the posts, and have just been amazed with your work. I am one of the swooners and glad you're back to continue to share with us. I'm Dave's (Duraleigh's) wife and have never posted before - or even registered to do so. Your return prompted me to finally break my silence! :goodjob:
Mats, your pool build has some amazing results!

mamameg, welcome to the forum :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.