Concrete Deck Concern

batesp1

Jun 28, 2019
Georgia
My concrete deck around my pool was not poured all at once. They were within two days of each other, but the color of the concrete does not match up. I was told they would eventually match each other. Is this true? See attached picture. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3138.jpg
    IMG_3138.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 86
Maybe, Maybe not.
Is any type of coating planned?

Personally I would not be happy with that as it might take years for the colors to start to match (basically as it ages and gets dirty). Although I would think if you pressure washed after a few years, there would still be a color difference.

Maybe, Maybe not.
Is any type of coating planned?

Personally I would not be happy with that as it might take years for the colors to start to match (basically as it ages and gets dirty). Although I would think if you pressure washed after a few years, there would still be a color difference.
Thank you for answering me. Should we put a coating on it?

That would be 1 option.
Like a Kool Deck coating which would make the entire deck appear uniform (make sure they apply it all at the same time ... they tried to do mine in 2 days and the texture was very different between the days, so they has to re-coat again to match.)
The other option you could present is a full replacement of the decking to be poured same day.
Either way, I would expect the builder to shoulder much if not all of the cost.

I would hope for some others feedback in that if they would expect the colors to match given time.

That would be 1 option.
Like a Kool Deck coating which would make the entire deck appear uniform (make sure they apply it all at the same time ... they tried to do mine in 2 days and the texture was very different between the days, so they has to re-coat again to match.)
The other option you could present is a full replacement of the decking to be poured same day.
Either way, I would expect the builder to shoulder much if not all of the cost.

I would hope for some others feedback in that if they would expect the colors to match given time.
Thank you for answering. I am definitely not happy with it, but I keep getting told the two will match.

It's not the plant but the mix. The darker concrete is probably a higher strength psi concrete which is more Portland making it greyer. Give it a week and see what happens with some dry time. Easiest fix is to stain it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.