Compool/Pentair Diverter Valve

Jan 2, 2016
Las Vegas
Hey everyone. I am looking for a little help with one of my diverter valves.
My return diverter valve for the pool/spa has started leaking in the spa position. Returning water to the pool with a pressure of 12PSi the valve is fine. If I switch to spa and the valve rotates to run water back to the spa it starts leaking heavily. The pressure at the filter reads 30PSI when in spa/jacuzzi mode. It appears it's leaking out of the top.
Should I only replace the little O-Rings or the entire diverter?
Thanks for the help!

There are two small o-rings on the shaft with a split ring spacer between them. There’s also a larger o-ring around the cover. One or both of the shaft o-rings are shot. Replace both and grab a split ring spacer too in case that is damaged. These o-rings are under constant wear and tear from the valve turning. They go bad after a while. Make sure you replace them with proper OEM parts and use a high quality silicone o-ring lubricant on them … no Teflon, just 100% silicone.

Reactions: krokokid
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.