Compool Modifications

DW SD

Sep 5, 2016
Encinitas CA
S,

Here is the basic schematic for the is4...

There is a ground on the black pin and pushing the momentary switches puts this gnd on one of the inputs.. (1R, 2Y, 3G and 4B). There is about 5 VDC on the inputs pins from a pull up resistor, which momentarily drops to gnd while the switch is pushed. This turns on whatever circuit you have set up for each input to trigger.

The Led turns on when the heater is on.. But I have no heater and not something that I have tried.

I suspect the reason things shut off, is because all the inputs do is turn on a standard "Circuit".. Like all circuits that are not scheduled, if you turn them on and don't shut them off, the circuit will only run until the egg-timer turns it off.. The default egg-timer is 12 hours, so unless you have adjusted it, the circuit will only stay on for 12 hours.. You can set the egg-timer for more or less than 12 hours.

Thanks,

Jim R.
@Jimrahbe and @Stoopalini ,
Some clever folks here. I came across this thread wanting to add a little wireless automation.

I have an even older pool control system, Compool CP3400, no easy touch. I want to trick the system to wirelessly turn on or off the spa. My plan was to use a wifi - enabled momentary (like a wifi garage door remote). I would wire the switched side of the relay from ground thru the relay to the SPA terminal on the spa-side-switch with a pull up resistor in line. When this closes, it'd give a momentary trigger pulse.

I tried manually testing the concept with a 1k ohm resistor from Ground to SPA terminal. Just tap one side for 1 second. It didn't work.

Does the cp3400 also have a pull up resistor? Do you know the value? I think I read the compool spa side remote is different from the Easy Touch spa side remote?
I recognize this is very old stuff. But appreciate the consideration!
I did look on ebay to see if I could find an original spa side remote for CP3400 for testing. No dice.

Thank you,
Doug

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.