Compool lx3800 stuck in spa mode

golfperson

Apr 25, 2020
las vegas, NV
I've been having a little issue with the control panel for my equipment.

Everything works fine when I turn on the spa, (pool with attached spa) valves turn, heater comes on. When I try to put it back to pool mode, nothing happens. The valves seem to be stuck in spa mode. I can go to the outside panel that's right next to the pump and heater, and putting in 'service' mode the valves move back to pool mode.

When testing all the modes at the panel outside, everything seems to be working correctly. Do I need to replace the indoor control panel?

Welcome to TFP.

@ogdento is this another case of the Compool detecting a problem with the panel button and disabling it?

You may be in delay or cool down mode. How long are you waiting after you hit the pool button before you believe you have an issue? If you are in fact in delay mode, there will be the word "delay" flashing on the LCD screen. I forget exactly where on the screen you see this, but it is small, and it is near the edge of the screen ( i think the top edge). Another way to check is if the heater is running (spa mode) at the moment you hit the pool button, the heater (red light at the top of the panel) will go off. Providing the heater is not set to run in pool mode.

Reactions: RDspaguy
Thanks for all the reply's.
You may be in delay or cool down mode.

I don't think its in cool down mode. Didn't see delay on the screen and we did wait for it for a while before wondering why it hadn't changed back to the pool.

The first time it happened we saw one of the valves kind-of jiggling back and forth between being completely closed and a degree or two off/open.

I just got off the phone with Pentair and they wanted me to test the voltages on the board to see if the actuators are getting a signal or not. They also recommended an easytouch upgrade kit if it isn't showing the correct voltage. Looks like I'll be calling a repair guy to look at it .

If you go into service mode and can get the valves rotate, then its not the valve actuators. Although the jiggling valve handles are symptom of another, unrelated problem. You can try disabling the spa side remote. I would disconnect the remote switch buss at the board instead of the button on the ICP, and see if you get any response.

Dont forget to put the system back into Auto Mode before you test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.