Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All. I had a bright idea about a month ago. Why not buy a complete grid assembly? Because, when I break down my DE filter , take out the grid assembly, remove grids, clean and inspect individual grid, soak them overnight in TSP solution and re-assemble them, it takes up to 24 hours. If I have a new grid assembly, I can have the pol up and running in no time. I just did that. Ordered replacement Nautilus Pac Fab NS 48 which arrived without the air relief. The seller sent the air relief. Now something does not seem right as the picture shows. The air relief seems to have female threads. While a the small pipe it is supposed to fit on, has a little thingy protruding on the side and I cant force the relief over it. Stiil witing for response from the seller. Any thoughts/suggestions about this dilemma of mine?

Attachments

• DE Complete Grid Assembly.jpg
    DE Complete Grid Assembly.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 80
Andy,

My initial thought was that the air relief was the wrong one, and maybe it is.. :confused:

But, when I look at INYO pools on the breakdown of your filter, the pictures of the parts appear to be the ones that you have..

I would wait and see what the seller has to say,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Seller is of no help. Referred me to Pentair. Waiting for a return call. The local pool store told me to slide it sideways to go over the ‘thingy’. Did not try it yet. Afraid I may crush the screen. Thanks for looking into this. By the way, the filter is pretty old. The pool was built in 1992.

When I dismantle the old assembly, I will take the old air relief strainer off and see how it is attached. Thre is no white tube installed at all. I need to drain more water to lower my cya anyway (about 100 now). I will backwash the filter to drain some of the water. Then, it will be the right time to swap out the old assembly

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need the white part. The mesh part does not just push on the nub.

Here is the fns plus style, which is a different manifold and air relief.

Internal air bleed assembly for FNS part number 190092.
Before October 2009 the air part was a porous white material.
After October 2009 the air part was a stainless steel mesh

Pentair American FNS Plus / Titan RPM Grid Manifold Assy - 59023700

Amazon.com: Pentair 59023700 Manifold Top with Air Bleed Replacement FNS PLUS Pool and Spa D.E. Filter: Garden Outdoor

41etn5OXEAL._SY400_.jpg

The link in my above post is the same 192173 manifold. I think that the 192193 Manifold assembly just used the screen, but the one in the picture has the protrusion for the twist lock.

The 192193 looks similar but without the protrusion. Maybe if the protrusion is cut off, that would work.

I have a site evaluation coming up for swcg install. After installing it, I will breakdown the filter and swap out the grid assembly. It would be interesting to see how the old air relief is attached. I will take a few pics and post them for future reference. I greatly appreciate the suggestions from you, my friends at this forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.