Complaint on TFPC Method

Maybe we have a troll but in either case :lovetfp: and it worked for me and for the people I've helped through their problems who came out the other side enjoying the benefits and savings of using this method.

LOL I just did a little "test" on my pool. We went away for the weekend so I bought tablets to put in the floater. I "filled" it up with 4, 3" tablets and left the pump running. When we came back I left the tabs in the floater. I did not test the water as it was late.

Next time you might try tying that floater in front of the return so it's in the flow. Like we do when adding stabilizer. Haven't tried it myself but with your cut outs might be as good as having them in the skimmer.
With the pump running 24hrs maybe toss them in the skimmer ?? But only because the pumps running all the time.

I have been a fan of TFP for 2 years now. I have taken care of my pool myself with not enough knowledge since 2008. I would have periods of algae, and other problems. But the science is irrefutable. In terms of difficulty, frankly, it is quite easy. If you want to spend less effort, then a SWG is the way to go. I have a SWG, and I do not add bleach all summer. My generator does it. Just some testing to make sure my free chlorine levels are good, pH etc, and my pool is absolutely pristine. But the principles are the same. Using the same method for my spa now too. Never been better. Science works.

I came here last year after purchasing a home with a pool. Had somebody open the pool for me that first year, which consisted of dumping a gallon of algaecide and a couple gallons of "shock" in. Oh and he folded my cover up nicely. Wasn't too long before it started looking murky and green using the pool store chemicals. So off to the google machine I went, and landed here thankfully. So I read and read and asked a couple newb questions, and was sold on the BBB method. This year when I opened the pool myself (do wish the pool guy was around to fold that cover though) it was pond like. I expected as such as we had some bursts of warmer than normal temps. Thanks to this forum, I knew what to do and how to do it, and honestly it was downright fun knowing that in just a matter of days I would have the algae monster beat. I have pucks on hand for vacation when I dont have anyone reliable to check on the pool for me but that is pretty much the extent of store chemicals.

new pool this year. found this site. my complaint is. i see every leaf, bug and pine needle on the bottom. its so clear it magnifies everything . it drives me nuts .:crazy:
its a great problem to have. :D

x2 - taking care of my pool is so b o r i n g . . . I have way too much time to swim (and peruse this forum). This evening, for the first time in weeks, I had to add 12 oz of MA to get my pH back in range. Sooo much work ;) And I may even have to vacuum this week, too, with three leaves on the bottom; I may get a fourth . . . I could just pick them out while swimming, but that would be cheating; maybe I'll wait for them to disintegrate . . . .

Oh yeah, I had to dump the skimmer basket three times this week; I'm so busy, busy, busy . . .

It took me a while to get used to the TFP way...........the pool $tore way I had to vacuum and brush every other day :( It was never really clear and such a huge work load..........now..........BORING! LOL and I LOVE IT!

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My landlord left me with the pool robot vacuum, but I haven't even bothered to get it out after I put it away after we opened. Since the water is so clear, it takes just a few minutes to capture every speck of debris that collects in the deep end using the leaf/silt net. Getting the robot out, setting it up, waiting patiently while it wanders around hoping it eventually manages to cross that spot where the leaf is sitting, then pulling it out and cleaning it is far too much work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.