Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi All,

I've been eating through chlorine tablets like crazy here lately. I have a frog system (I know, TFP doesn't like) and I'm using 1" stabilized tablets. My Combined Chlorine has been 1.0ppm so I figured that was the culprit. I don't have algea, water is actually really clear. I bought a lot of liquid chlorine and performed the SLAM. My CYA was at 60, so I went and put 6 gallons of shock in to get my Shock level to 28 (24 was recommended on the chart). This past Sunday is when I started. By last evening I was down to a 6, and my CC reading was 0.5. I turned my frog on max last night and this morning I'm at FC 3.0 and CC is 1.0. I'm at a loss for what is eating the chlorine and I'm not sure why SLAMMING didn't work. I had no CC during the slam or sitting at 15.0. Any thoughts???

Just so we are on the same page -- did you read the SLAM Process article? Did you maintain your FC at 24 ppm by testing and adding chlorine 3-4 times per day until you passed the three criteria as described in the article?

Just so we are on the same page -- did you read the SLAM Process article? Did you maintain your FC at 24 ppm by testing and adding chlorine 3-4 times per day until you passed the three criteria as described in the article?
I did add and test multiple times on Sunday, however when I woke up Monday morning to test, FC had dropped by 7.5ppm.

So you needed to add back to SLAM level FC and continue. That drop shows you have organics in the water consuming chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.