Combined Chlorine .93 -- Advice?

amityeric

Jul 2, 2021
Vancouver, WA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hi All,

My recent water test shows my FC at 6 and my CC at .93. PH is 7.3. Alkalinity is 76. Calcium 184. CYA 48.

I'm a bit confused about the high CC levels. I've read a lot and everyone's situation seems a bit different. Not sure what to do about the .93 CC reading. Wait it out?

I did have seven people in the pool for about 45 minutes last night. Otherwise that's the only usage in the last seven days.

Thank you in advance.

Those numbers look like pool store test results. We dont really give advice based on those. How are you testing your water. First things first, get one of the accepted test kits.
They are. I just got my first REAL test kit today. I don't know how to use it yet though. I'll have to figure that out tomorrow. Any good articles/videos on using the test kit? I bought the one recommended here on the site.

1 - TF-100 Test Kit
Optional Items : pH Meter-
Optional Items : XL Option

CC can mostly be ignored especially if it is 1.0 or less.

Maybe bump up the fc by 5 ppm and get some sun exposure to help clear it quickly.

If you use a solar cover, leave it off during the day to let the UV help clear the CC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.