Combined chlorine 0.4-0.6

I guess I have been concerned with how the ph will affect swimmers. I was shooting for the 7.4 which I read is the natural ph of our eyes. But if up to 8 is acceptable, I can definitely see saving some cash and time spent on MA

Your tears do not have a TA of 80. You cannot maintain a pH of 7.4 in many pools due to the TA. Any pH in the 7's is equally good.

Reactions: dford8583
What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

Do you have an autofill on your pool?

Your tears do not have a TA of 80. You cannot maintain a pH of 7.4 in many pools due to the TA. Any pH in the 7's is equally good.

Thanks for these articles. They seem to be written specifically for me lol. Looks like my pool seems to want to be at 7.6-7.7. I will keep that in mind and aim for those.

The bottom line is: 7.8 is good. The more you try to control by knocking it down the more it'll play. With the TA of 80 your good in the mid to high 7s and will remain ther longer too. If you're not a SWCG then you don't want a massively high CYA either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.