Coleman pool inlets

Jun 2, 2015
Cambridge, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I purchased a used Coleman 24’ x 52” pool and want to hook to a sand filter and skimmer. There are two small rubber nipples that are in the side of the pool, I believe they’re for the skimmer. I am going to install a Hayward skimmer and need to close these two small rubber inlets permanently. Anyone have any ideas on what to use to plug them? They are soft rubber so they will be able to be clamped.

Attachments

• 4CFBA6B4-EFFA-494E-9F53-9C83897D6435.jpeg
    4CFBA6B4-EFFA-494E-9F53-9C83897D6435.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 12
I opened the hole up to 1.5" and used these:

You may be able to use this

I figured it out. I got 3/4 in caps at the hardware store and used waterproof glue and slid them in and clamped them. They were too low on the pool to cut for my skimmer. All sealed up now. Thanks for the reply!

The 2 holes are for water return, they are not for intake on the coleman pool. The one, higher nipple on the left should be connected to the intake/skimmer side of the pump.
I purchased a used Coleman 24’ x 52” pool and want to hook to a sand filter and skimmer. There are two small rubber nipples that are in the side of the pool, I believe they’re for the skimmer. I am going to install a Hayward skimmer and need to close these two small rubber inlets permanently. Anyone have any ideas on what to use to plug them? They are soft rubber so they will be able to be clamped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.