Anaheim/CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Saline Generating Systems Breeze 540
Does anyone have any experience with this SWG? They have a good deal at sunplay.com. I'll thinking about picking it up.

The key to running a SWCG is knowing what to expect the cell will do... It appears your cell will generate 1.35 lbs of chlorine gas when run at 100% and for 24 hours. In your 15K pool this means .45 ppm of FC per hour at 100%..

Because your cell has 20% output increments, you will probably need to adjust both your output % as well as your run time to maintain the FC you want.

I would start of high, as it is easy to reduce your FC, but much harder to increase it.

Looks like a neat unit.. Keep us up to date on how well it does.

Thanks,

Jim R.

How does pump speed factor in to that? I'm running at 1800 for the most part.

For the most part it doesn't.. As long as you run fast enough to turn on the cell's flow switch, then running faster does not generate any more chlorine.

I would not run slower than about 1000 RPM, as slower does not save enough electricity to be worthwhile. In my mind, it does not make sense to run your pump unless your skimmers are working and your cell is making chlorine. For me that is about 1200 to 1300 RPM.. But, each pool has different plumbing and equipment, so you will just have to pick a speed that works for you and your pool.

How long you run depends on you.. I like generating a little chlorine all the time and skimming all the time.. Others only what the pump running just long enough to generate the amount of chlorine they need.. Or anything in between also works just fine. Just personal preference.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have my pump running at 2750 for 2 hours in the morning, then it drops down to 1800 for 10 more hours. 1800 seems to be the least I can have it at and still be able to push the water up to my solar heater on the roof. I might be running it longer than I need to, but I just like hearing the sound of the water whenever I go outside. 🤷‍♂️

Well after 3 weeks, the control unit has stopped powering on. I submitted a request to CMPs tech support, waiting to hear back. :mad:

Update: I never heard back so I had to call. They told me to send them video and pics of the unit not turning on and they'd sent me out a replacement. This was on a Friday. I never got a response to the email, so I called again and they said they got it but nothing was ever done, so he submitted the order for a new unit to be sent out.

Never got a response from C-M-P.com, so I called and they said the part is backordered. Communication is terrible with this company. They don't respond to emails, so I have to always call them. I do not recommend, spend the extra money and get a reputable brand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry it took a few weeks but with pool supplies and people to procces the requests at every step of the way having shortages, its understandable. At least it worked out in the end.

Sorry it took a few weeks but with pool supplies and people to procces the requests at every step of the way having shortages, its understandable. At least it worked out in the end.

This new replacement controller is working way better than the original I had. Maybe it was just a lemon from the get go. My FC is 5+, I'm having the check and lower the percentage every day. I love this thing. Crystal clear water without having to add a drop of chlorine myself.

Reactions: Newdude
How is your system running?
It's running great. I haven't bought chlorine in 8 months since it's been running. I do have to add acid every now and then, maybe once a month, maybe longer?? My routine used to be to check chemicals every day or every other day, but everything has been staying pretty constant, I only check about once a week now. I had family over a couple weeks ago and they were amazed how clear my pool was.

Reactions: Newdude
I had a CMP Powerclean Ultra 540 installed on my pool in July of 2019 and it has given me a solid performance right up till this past month. In the heat of the AZ summer I could run it about 10-12 hours at 50% and could easily hold 5ppm and now it's barely putting out 2ppm at 100% after running all night. I've got another thread going on it trying to figure out why it dropped off so dramatically after being in operation less than 2 years. As far as cleaning I just used the included plastic stick and really never got a large amount of buildup to begin with, and have never used acid. If I have to deal with CMP's customer service I hope I have a better experience than what you encountered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.