Opinion on CMP Powerclean salt ultra 320 or 540

Hello Longswim :handwave:
I can't compare until I know more about your pool- how big in gallons?? We *always* want a salt cell to be sized at least 2x the size of your pool in gallons. This helps the pool always have enough chlorine as well as the cell lasting as long as possible.

Have you see this site: Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features | DSP

Maddie 🇺🇦

Thank you for the link Maddie, that is very informative as well as the rest of the discountsaltpool web site. Have you had good experience with that equipment supplier? I’m a bit hesitant to use an on line store, but their selection is better than the brick and mortar stores I’ve talked to.

I have a 13,300 gal in ground concrete pool located in central Mexico, so used most of the year. I had a Resilience E40 chlorinator which was working great for 3 years, then the cassette fell apart. My fault for not cleaning it enough! Today I found a replacement cassette for $700, so now I need to decide weather to replace it or upgrade the entire system (it’s very basic), and there are so many choices for new systems. Autopilot Chlorsync, Circupool Edge, and CMP 540 seem to get a lot of good reviews and are priced well. EVERYONE says to get a system rated at least 2x my pool size, and considering my location and challenges getting parts, I may go even bigger (So it lasts longer, right?). I appreciate any advice, this is my first pool so I am knowledge challenged, location challenged, supplier and parts challenged!
Gregg

Hey Gregg,

Glad you found the replacement cell for the Resilience. Take a look at the Circupool Core-35 from Discount Salt Pool. It appears to be the same unit as the Resilience 40, although CircuPool claims it produces more chlorine (1.4 vs 1.27 lbs per day). Search here for reviews on the Core series. I've seen many positive comments. The R-40 is rated for 40K gallons. At 1.27 lbs. per/day, it should raise FC in your pool by 11 ppm.

SWGs have skyrocketed in price the last couple years. You can shop around and replace your entire unit, but the best value is replacing the cell on your existing unit. The Circupool RJ-Series is a popular choice.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
i've had bad luck with the powerclean salt 540 in my 25k gallon pool. have had to replace the control center twice in the year i've owned it due to malfunctions and i don't think i've ever seen output near the rated output liquid chlorine is still part of my life. unless something changes drastically, i plan to change to a circupool when it finally gives out entirely. i'm thinking the circupool sj 45 so i wouldn't have to drastically alter my plumbing from the CMP unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.