CMP high temp union work with Hayward Ecostar?

caycarem

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2009
Pleasanton, CA
Ecostar pump has a T-shape Oring attached at front. CMP union Oring has the usual round oring which hit the T oring when I screw the union into the pump.

I am trying to make use of what I have while changing out pump/filter - could this union work with the T-Oring on (or taken Off) the pump, OR with the T-Oring on and the union Oring taken off? I am thinking it may not work but want to check before I try to pry out the newly glued union half at the intake valve which has no room left. The sooner the easier while glue is new...thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• 7A572DC0-E93F-4AFC-8DBC-43C67B0AC4C2.jpeg
    7A572DC0-E93F-4AFC-8DBC-43C67B0AC4C2.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
One of these may be a better fit depending on the model EcoStar pump you have...

You know that EcoStar pumps have reliability issues?

@JamesW

Reactions: wolverine
Thanks Ajw! I’m aware of reliability issues, but I wanted to go full hayward so switching out my intelliflo. Reason I didnt use hayward unions because I wanted option to easily plug back the intelliflo if needed.

2 orings suction connection seems tight, return union without round Oring (male union nut could not fully reach pump thread with both orings used) spraying water like a shower at 1350 rpm :laughblue:

One of these may be a better fit depending on the model EcoStar pump you have...

You know that EcoStar pumps have reliability issues?

@JamesW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.