Clueless but learning, curious about spa vs air bar blower

Marj70

Feb 23, 2021
Las Vegas, Nevada
We have a Silencer 2hp air blower currently installed to run an in-ground air bar. When the pool was installed, I remember our installer moving (easily) the motor from the pipe that it sits on to a pipe to make it bubble up the in-ground spa.

That's become a major source of friendly contention between my husband and me, because he's convinced we'd need a separate thing installed professionally to give me the bubbles I crave. Well, today I had a service guy over for another issue and asked him about installing one. He said it's there, just move it over to your spa pipe. He pulled it off and showed me, but then said the pipes weren't cut right to do that. He said just have your hubby "cut the pipe" to fit it on both pipes.

But now I'm perplexed - the pipes are right next to each other so I'm not sure how it could be moved from one to another as desired. Or did he mean just give up the air bar in favor of the spa bubbles? (Which wouldn't go over well with my family as they oddly love those bubbles in the middle of the shallow end.)

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but it seemed safer to ask in here in case it's a silly question.

Oh, and hopefully the signature is there okay and we're in Vegas, in case that part didn't show.

Attachments

• pool spa blower setup.jpg
    pool spa blower setup.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to TFP.

You could add a second blower on top of the spa air pipe. It will take some PVC and electrical work.

You can also construct a Pipe with a U on the bottom that connects to both air pipes and a T at the top of the upside down U that the air blower goes onto. With that the blower should blow air into both pipes. You need to see if the air volume and bubbles are satisfactory when you split the air flow.

The spa air pipe opening is pointed down to keep rain out of it. You would need to cut that off and then extend the pipe so it is even with the other air pipe and connect the U to it with the blower on top of the U.

Reactions: Marj70
Thank you! That's really good news. I'm so happy I found TFP! Having this pool sometimes seems like we have a super expensive sports car that we don't know how to drive 🤣 But a simple request from the pool guy that I turn up the RPMs on my pump sent me in search of knowledge and now it's a whole new world of learning all about this thing.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.