Cloudy Water

To newbies reading this thread, sometimes clarifier works, often it has no affect. Do not think of it as a "magic bullet" that fixes your pool.

Derekyork's pool may have been cleared by the clarifier or perhaps filtering alone was going to clear it anyway.

Clarifiers are typically not needed in the vast majority of pools and one should not view them as the "thing" that made their pool suddenly become crystal clear.....sometimes "yes" but often "no".

I was running out of options and believe me I was very apprehensive about adding the clarifier. I did my research on here and saw where people had good results and others not so much. But I also came away with sometimes things do have their uses and it appears this was an occasion that it worked on. After slamming for almost 2 days after I had already passed the overnight test and running the pump 24/7, something had to give.

I started a slam on a Sunday because of some stuff the kept settling on the floor of the pool and pretty clear water (I thought!), had crystal clear water by Thursday passed the OCLT Friday, but kept slamming till the following Wednesday just in case. I didn't want to see that stuff settle on the bottom of my pool ever again!

Anyway my point is that you wouldn't be the first/only one to keep SLAMming after the OCLT! That's what it took for my filter (with the help of daily brushing and a little D.E. ) to get rid of that stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.