Cloudy water wont uncloudy ..

I agree with the frog, nothing in bleach should cause white cloudiness other than that fact that it is murdering Algae (well said frog!). The bucket showed us something else, it seems unlikely that you have high metal content in your water, since the water did not "tint". That is a good sign, though maybe not the final word on metals.

sigh..I hope so b/c I just dont see it. I even had a voting thing on fb for the color before and after and everyone but 1 didn't see it either. LOL but Ill take your word b/c there is hope in it and keep testing...chlroine.

linen said:
I agree with the frog, nothing in bleach should cause white cloudiness other than that fact that it is murdering Algae (well said frog!). The bucket showed us something else, it seems unlikely that you have high metal content in your water, since the water did not "tint". That is a good sign, though maybe not the final word on metals.

Nice catch bedsheets :~}

That much chlorine would have caused a copper tint in all likeliness.

I'm sorry, I have a differing opinion on your latest bucket pics. I've looked closely and I'm seeing the water still green after the chlorine bomb. Maybe others can take another look. If this is the case, than the metals theory may need to be explored here? Oxidized metals can create a chlorine demand also, so food for thought. Verdigris, maybe? Others' opinions?

bucket1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're looking at the before image there. Try the second one. It's cloudier, and has no colored tint. It's subtle, but it's there. Dead algae.

When chlorine is added to a pool that has metals, specifically copper... the pool often turns greener after adding chlorine. Brownish water would indicate iron, clear green water indicates copper.

The debate about if this pool has algae/organics in it or not really needs to be closed. Despite this bucket test, the CC is 1ppm continuously, and the pool loses chlorine overnight. It's battling algae, and it's going to take some time, chlorine at shock level, and POP to get it cleared up. Copper doesn't make water cloudy, it's really a non-issue to be worrying about it at this point.

Of course, a trip to the pool store to have metals tested for would settle it too. Copper, is an algaecide. So even if it is copper, what's the harm at the moment?

frogabog...no actually this is the picture with the chlorine in it AFTER the bleach was sititng for one hour. Go back and take a look at the pics.you will see....the one of it before has a side missing in the pics...Ill post it for you....too..so

OK, gotcha. I was comparing all the images and using the stuff beside them to differentiate. So the first image is the result, and the second one is the start.

Shrug... I dunno what to say then. I suppose it did go greener after the chlorine was added.

I still don't think it's your problem, although I may be wrong. 1.5cc now so... something big is happening with organics. No doubt about that.

frogabog...no problem...and yes...first image is the result of the chlorine after an hour. I still dont see the green, lol, but Ill take word it could be. Im just perplexed and Im going to keep plugging away. You would think though with all of the bleach I added before starting the shock process and after the shock process plus the algaecide it would be dead. I bet I have added 40 gallons of bleach prior to starting the shocking process plus what I am adding now....I must have an alien algae in my pool or it really really really like it. lol

Frog is right about the organics, your chlorine is still killing stuff. If I were you, I would keep sipping my POP and keep the shocking going. If CCs were staying dead at 0 and your weren't losing FC, then you'd have a problem with your current water color.

new test results:

FC 20.5
CC 1.5

no bleach added

At 4pm my readings were: FC 16 CC 1 --added one gallon of bleach....at 6pm FC was 19.5 CC was 1.5 no bleach added....

so since I didnt' add any bleach at 6pm why was my FC slightly higher? my CC has remained the same since 6pm

Richard320 no, I have been brushing the pool and nothing is kicking up and today when I was in there getting the water samples..nothing was coming up but a few bugs and one or two leaves. Plus when we were doing the flocking method I could see what was in the water and nothing is in there. I too am scratching my head at this whole thing. The levels should be stabling off or the water changing by now and neither is happening. I also was walking around in the pool today..did not feel anything slimy on my feet nothing...the water feels nice as in smooth. Im seriously considering flocking the pool. atleast that way I can see what is on the bottom again and vacuum the algae to waste. I know I will be dumping water out and putting new back in but seriously....at some point in time I will have to stop what I am doing.....esp if it is not working.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.