Cloudy water that won't clear up

Burk7030

May 26, 2019
Lincoln
Opened our pool up this year and the water looked great and was crystal clear. Took in a water sample to our local pool company and everything looked good except they told me my phosphates were high. They levels were at 2500. I used it, unfortunately and since that time I have not been able to get me pool clear. I have tried clarifier and even a flocculant treatment. I even swapped out my cartridge filter. The water is blue but it has a milky look to it. This was my most recent water test. Any help would be appreciated because I am completely frustrated on what else to do. Thanks.
FC 1.99
TC 2.24
CC .25
PH 7.7
TA 70
CH 242
CYA 50

Hey Burk, we need a bit more information.
Can you let us know what type of pool you have and the size and fill that information out in your signature?

Also, where did these test numbers come from? A pool store? Many times their machines are inaccurate for various reasons.

If you check things out around here, you’ll see that flocculant can cause a number of issues and that Phosphates aren’t really a problem if you have your chemistry right, and this forum is the place to learn how to do that easily (though it may take a bit of patience).

So - Welcome to TFP, we’ll get you all squared away. Based on the FC/CYA chart, with a CYA of 50 your FC is definitely low, which means that cloud could easily be the start of an algae issue. You definitely need to bring your FC up to at least the minimum shown in the chart based on your type of pool (SWCG?). We’re likely going to suggest that you SLAM your pool to clear it up, and here’s where you can learn about that while putting together the other information for us.

Also, it helps to take a picture and share with us!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.