Cloudy Water! Need Help

Bherod01

May 22, 2019
Dawson, TX
Hello,
This is my 2nd year to own my pool. I just opened it a few weeks ago and I can't get the water to clear up. The water is blue, but cloudy cant see more than 1 foot down. I have kept doing what the pool store recommends with zero results then I found this forum! I have shocked several times, added balance pack 100, and added some copper stuff (bright greenish/blue don't remember the name) that they said I needed. I brush or vacuum daily. Hopefully you can help me figure it out!!!

PH: 7.5
FC: 7.6
TA: 139
CYA: 52
CC: .5

Welcome to the forum!
How did you get those test results?
Bummer on adding the 'copper stuff'. That is never a good idea. Do you have the ingredients of what that was? Or at least a name for it.
FYI -- the balance pack 100 is baking soda, at 4X the price.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

full

Welcome to the forum!
How did you get those test results?
Bummer on adding the 'copper stuff'. That is never a good idea. Do you have the ingredients of what that was? Or at least a name for it.
FYI -- the balance pack 100 is baking soda, at 4X the price.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

The tests results are from the pool store I have ordered a kit I saw recommended here and waiting for it to come in. I will have to check when I get home to see if I still have the bottle. Thank you for letting me know on the balance pak! ( I figured that out after I started reading here!) I wish I would have found this before I took my cover off!

The tests results are from the pool store
I would suggest you add 5ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine to the pool each evening until you get your test kit. Post up the results of your testing here when you get them.

Please add the test kit name to your signature when you fill out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.