bkrepfle

Jul 15, 2020
Talleyville, DE
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Elsa passed by me yesterday / early this morning. I woke up today to see that my AGP is cloudy. My fault, I let the FAC reach 0. I haven't slammed yet, as I have not read any CC yet. I did bring back up to ~ 7ppm FAC this morning. CYA is ~45. I'm just wondering, why did this turn cloudy? Is there something going on with the rain that caused it to go cloudy? There is no color hue to the cloud, maybe just white. I'm not sure if clarifier will do the trick, if I should be hitting it with algecide, SLAM, or just let the filter run and do its thing. As always, appreciate your input!

Elsa passed by me yesterday / early this morning. I woke up today to see that my AGP is cloudy
I can’t even count how many friends I’ve had with pools. Long before I had my own I could talk shop with any of them from hearing the same story from all of them over and over.

I would even start the convo sometimes myself ‘Oh, hey, it poured last night, How cloudy did you get?’

I adamantly did not want a pool and the same story myself. When I finally lost the battle we loved the look of the running water so I just ran the VS pump 24/7 because it was so cheap to do so. I saw an untold # of storms and never once had the slightest bit of an issue. Flash floods, NorEasters, Tropical Storms….. none of them. I was mixing and my friends weren’t. And then the cold, untreated rain water would sit on top for the most part festering until the next regular pump schedule turned on. You know how Murphy’s goes……It was 19 hours *every* time. Lol

Of course they were all cutting the FC way to close, so some went full blown swamp also after a few days of rain.

With a single speed pump I wouldn’t run continuously, but going forward make sure to have it run for 20 min every 2 or 3 hours during prolonged storms. They’re real easy to plan around when we know about them. If a pop up storm happens out of the blue, Go turn it on occasionally during/after.

That's good advice, thanks!

I usually run my pump 12 hours a day, 9am - 9pm. Mainly, I like the moving water when I'm in there and I think it is better to run daytime anyway, helps battle the stagnant water in the sun. I have been running 24/7 since this post to go through the SLAM. I'll probably roll back to 12hr tomorrow morning.

@mknauss, thanks for your suggestion as well. SLAM was finished yesterday morning, crystal clear once again. Time to swim today!!

• Love
Reactions: mknauss and newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.