Liquid Chlorine
Fc 0.5
Cc 0.5
Ph 7.8
Ta 110
Ch 500
Cya 55
Today results

My water is super cloudy maybe 1 foot of visibility. Should I continue to maintain FC or Slam more?? Pump running about 8 hours a day

My water is super cloudy maybe 1 foot of visibility. Should I continue to maintain FC or Slam more?? Pump running about 8 hours a day
Follow the SLAM process. Print it out, read it three times and follow the details...Link-->SLAM Process

How are you testing?

Welcome to TFP!!! :shark:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Good job on getting the correct test kit.

You may know this, but just pointing out that at 0.5 FC you are nowhere near the right chlorine level for maintaining, and even further away from a SLAM FC amount.

For your CYA of 60:
  • SLAM FC = 24. Maintain this level and follow the SLAM for a week+ before you pass the tests to stop a SLAM
  • Maintenance (after you kill all algae and pass the criteria to end the SLAM): FC of 5-7. Keep it there forever and you will never have to worry about algae/cloudy water again.

Keep Going GIF by Big Brother

Is my cc normal before I was testing .5 fc and .5 cc
Yes, that indicates your chlorine is fighting algae. No need to test for anything more than FC during the SLAM. Once your water becomes visibly clear you can start testing for CC to see if it is safe to stop the SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How often can you test FC and add liquid chlorine. The more frequently you do that, the faster it will go...
Gonna try to test every 4 hour till night then 8-10 hour for next morning, I started slam last night so far only add .5 last night to get Fc 22 to 25.5, tested this morning fc25.5 and cc 1.0 I guess cc went down but I was expecting Fc to go down also

Reactions: PoolStored
Day 6 of slamming pool
I can see the floor now and drain :) gotta hang in there P.O.P. Is real!! Going to clean filters later on in the day it finally went up 3 PSI after staring at it for 6 days, will post picture later… 16 gallons of LC used soo far

Fc 22.5
Cc 0.5
Added 1/4 gallon LC

Reactions: V___25
Should I still continue to test CC till water is less cloudy??or just skip and keep slamming till water clears more and perform oclt?
Keep slamming until pool is clear. Once clear test OCLT. If FC loss <=1, then test CC on that morning FC test sample.

Reactions: Danyo.lau

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.