Nunyabizniz

Jul 19, 2022
Nevada, Las Vegas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool is bouncing back from being swamp green.
FC: 15
TC: 15
pH: 7.5
TA: 34
CYA: <67
Want to add clarifier to my cloudy pool (Cartridge filter pool pump) but am not sure if its okay to add with such high chlorine. I know about baking soda being able to raise the alkalinity in pool. I Wanted the pool to be good for a party tomorrow but if chlorine is too high I won’t let people swim.

Pool is bouncing back from being swamp green.
FC: 15
TC: 15
pH: 7.5
TA: 34
CYA: <67
Want to add clarifier to my cloudy pool (Cartridge filter pool pump) but am not sure if its okay to add with such high chlorine. I know about baking soda being able to raise the alkalinity in pool. I Wanted the pool to be good for a party tomorrow but if chlorine is too high I won’t let people swim.
How are you testing your water? These look like pool store test results. If you don't have a test kit, I'd order one today!...Link-->Test Kits Compared

We don't recommend clarifiers.

Howdy neighbor, did you get one of the recommended test kits? Which one?

If not, it is really difficult to provide proper advice from test results that can’t be relied on. Any advice could make matters worse because the test results were off. Clarifier advice is something a pool store would suggest. You can not mix advice from a pool store and TFP pool care.

Howdy neighbor, did you get one of the recommended test kits? Which one?

If not, it is really difficult to provide proper advice from test results that can’t be relied on. Any advice could make matters worse because the test results were off. Clarifier advice is something a pool store would suggest. You can not mix advice from a pool store and TFP pool care.
What do you recommend for cloudy pool. I know a cause for cloudy pool can be combined chlorine higher than free chlorine. I’ve used clarifier before and worked great for me, I don’t have a waste option on my cartridge filter so I don’t want to buy floc.

How are you testing your water? These look like pool store test results. If you don't have a test kit, I'd order one today!...Link-->Test Kits Compared

We don't recommend clarifiers.

Read up on why you don’t recommend clarifers or shoc. I did super shocktreatment along with algaecide to kill all the algae, cleaned filter’s multiple times and now the pool is cloudy.

+1 for a properly executed SLAM to resolve a cloudy pool. Without one of the recommended test kits it will be very difficult to execute a proper SLAM.

Check out the posted SLAM process above. It is not a one day deal but a process to clear your pool.

Reactions: Danyo.lau
Read up on why you don’t recommend clarifers or shoc. I did super shocktreatment along with algaecide to kill all the algae, cleaned filter’s multiple times and now the pool is cloudy.
All you need is chlorine, and it needs to be maintained at a level appropriate for your CYA level. The pool store test results are usually really inaccurate, which is why TFP won’t give you any advice based on those results. If you were relying on them to keep your pool clean before it got green, it would seem to confirm that they aren’t very accurate.

Get one of the TFP recommended test kits that are more reliable than the pool store. Lots of people around here can help you further.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.