Cloudy pool, added floc last night

Hey, I have a robot vacuum, should I use it now or wait till pool is clear to bottom?
As long as all the large debris is out of there, I think it would help. I would make sure to check the filters after each run, though. Also, if it can't climb walls, you want to make sure that you are still brushing the walls. Actually, any place the robot can't reach should be brushed periodically.

As long as all the large debris is out of there, I think it would help. I would make sure to check the filters after each run, though. Also, if it can't climb walls, you want to make sure that you are still brushing the walls. Actually, any place the robot can't reach should be brushed periodically.

This is what I did when I SLAMed, and the robot helped. Clean the filters after each run - they'll get dirty fast. You probably also don't want to leave it in the pool for an extended time during SLAM because the chlorine is so elevated. Running it should be fine though. Lots of brushing, always, during SLAM.

I used to use Danzis all the time (prior to TFP), they're nice people. I'll still go to them if I need a part or float.

Yes they are very very nice and they never try to sell me stuff I don't need. Although they did say to use the Floc. The Floc didn't work anyway.
The next day I was supposed to see the dead algae in a nice pile for vacuuming. But the pool was still cloudy everywhere. It may have worked if the cover never slipped off last winter - and if I would have put it back on. I have to get a pillow for the middle so the water and leaves fall out the side when ready to close.

New results. But its raining now. Should I add a bag of granulated Refresh?

FC - 9
CC - 1
CH - 150
TA - 100
pH - 7.2
Only need to test free chlorine and combined chlorine during slam. You can test for combined chlorine once it's fully cleared up and you are preparing for end your SLAM. Your TA and CH will remain quite stable. No need to test them more than weekly or monthly unless large volume of water has changed. Add 1 bag of the refresh and retest when it stops raining or in an hour or two.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, did you put the CYA in the sock and place in front of a return or in the skimmer? Your chlorine will hold better and longer with CYA in the water. You will have to work twice as hard if your SLAM carries in to sunny days as without CYA the UV light is going to eat the chlorine up.

You can't test for the new CYA level again until it has all dissolved so just assume 30 or 40 for now. since it's still dissolving and there had to have been some in there from the tabs you had used before

I will send you a sticker out tomorrow! I'm sorry. We put the Chlorine Only sticker on because the DPD powder that is used in CL testing tends to stain everything. People have used muriatic acid (use precautions) or rubbing alcohol to clean their cylinders. Again, sorry about the sticker-it is on the way so you can put it on! rebecca

It's ok I got overwhelmed.

I have the stabilizer but the FC is high this morning. I added a gallon of liquid chlorine last night at about 5PM est. This morning I added water, brushed the walls, vacuumed to waste. The pool is clear and not cloudy, I could see the bottom where the little green things fell from the trees so I knew where to vacuum. The bottom of the pool is now clean.

FC = 22
CC = 1
TA = 110
pH = 8.2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.