Cloudy again..

Nice on killing the ozone box. Yes, having the UV come on should help your FC loss (less FC loss if it is off). It has sanitizing properties, but really only has benefits for an indoor pool. They are not necessary for an outdoor pool and will only consume FC, not really help with sanitizing.

Turning the pump down low does no damage. There are lots off threads and pool school article on pump run time and speed. You should be good there.

Can you unplug the UV? If so, just to ensure it doesn't go on, unplug it. If it was installed correctly, there should be a couple of bypass valves. You can stop the pump and open the bypass valves and no water will flow through the UV. Can you post a picture of your setup? Can you provide a make and model # on the UV?

Still trying to think through all the possibilities to help...
image.jpg
It’s paramount ultra UV 2 and clear o3 ozone system. I can unplug it but have no idea how to bypass it and wasn’t sure if water would still pass through correctly if I did unplug it. So I haven’t. Any thoughts after seeing the picture?

View attachment 364744
It’s paramount ultra UV 2 and clear o3 ozone system. I can unplug it but have no idea how to bypass it and wasn’t sure if water would still pass through correctly if I did unplug it. So I haven’t. Any thoughts after seeing the picture?
They did not put in a bypass. :(
Just unplug it!

Ok guys, so I’ve been waiting on my powder to come in since none of the 3 pool stores in town had any 🙄 It just came in and it’s super chunky/crystallized. Is that normal or ok? Is it alright to smash it up or should I leave it? I don’t want to mess with the integrity. I mashed up the last batch but wanted to get your opinion before doing that again. Thanks!4979A705-9251-48A7-B7CE-63C2561F7A68.jpeg

Just used the speedstir for the first time! I am in love 😍 I don’t know why I waited so long!!! This thing is amazing! Water tested at 13 ppm FC, 0 CC and 8 PH. Since it’s been a couple of days, I’m going to do another OCLT and see how it goes. Water is still crystal clear. Wish me luck! I’ll report back tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and Snoobug
YAY SPEEDSTIR!!! Glad you liked the recommendation. Hate to have you spend $30 and be disappointed. I wasn't.

Did you unplug the UV? Did you empty the Chlorinator?

Looking forward to results!!!

Reactions: 3kidsAndAPool
Just used the speedstir for the first time! I am in love 😍 I don’t know why I waited so long!!! This thing is amazing
I stopped recommending that people buy one because they’re amazing. It was too cliche’ and blah blah blah.

Now I recommend that they go try and take somebody else’s away. I also advise them to be prepared to fight dirty.

I stopped recommending that people buy one because they’re amazing. It was too cliche’ and blah blah blah.

Now I recommend that they go try and take somebody else’s away. I also advise them to be prepared to fight dirty.
It’s so much easier! Sometimes I think that on the tube that comes with the kit, the PH color chart being right there would mess with me if I didn’t hold it just right. Now I don’t have to worry about that!

I’m also going to try to tackle the weir doors today if I can figure them out. I’ve been searching the internet but can’t seem to figure out which one it is. I’m going to post pics to see if you guys can help or have the same thing!View attachment 364642View attachment 364643
I have that weir door. If you look at the picture of the door itself, see the tabs on the bottom left and right? You press those in and push door towards the skimmer basket to get the door out. It reinstalls in reverse and should snap back in place. I believe to get to them you reach in through the skimmer opening on pool deck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YAY SPEEDSTIR!!! Glad you liked the recommendation. Hate to have you spend $30 and be disappointed. I wasn't.

Did you unplug the UV? Did you empty the Chlorinator?

Looking forward to results!!!
UV is unplugged and the chlorinator has been empty for some time now. I’m really hoping that not being able to test the last 3 days hasn’t set me back too far. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!!

I have that weir door. If you look at the picture of the door itself, see the tabs on the bottom left and right? You press those in and push door towards the skimmer basket to get the door out. It reinstalls in reverse and should snap back in place. I believe to get to them you reach in through the skimmer opening on pool deck
Thank you!! I will give that a try when my husband is home and able to give me a hand.

Ok, so last night before bed I check my FC twice and got 10 ppm both times. I didn’t want to bring it back to shock level until I knew for sure what I was dealing with. I’ve gone through too much LC..this morning I tested 3 times and got 9.5 ppm, 10 and 9.5! I logged the 9.5 since I got it twice. CC was 0. Do you think it’s safe to say I’m ok? I’ll backwash this afternoon. We are having people over next weekend and I’m already terrified that my water will turn cloudy again.

Water is stupid clear ✅
OCLT is 1 or less. ✅✅✅ (3 times. 0/.5/0)
CC is .5 or less. ✅

Bravo 3kaaP. (y)

Awesome!!! Don’t fear!!!! If it makes you feel better, while people are there, test in the middle of the day and add chlorine to keep it in target range! No need to wait until the end of the day! Don’t fear, you have all the tools and knowledge, just keep your FC in target range and enjoy!!!

Also, am I going to have to start my SLAM again
Stay away from minimum and most likely not. That may prove to be tricky with so much loss. I myself am at a loss. **Hang tight for the others thoughts too** but my vote would be to raise the cya by 10 at this point. You passed with no sun last night and then promptly lost 6 or 6.5 ppm today.

Stay away from minimum and most likely not. That may prove to be tricky with so much loss. I myself am at a loss. **Hang tight for the others thoughts too** but my vote would be to raise the cya by 10 at this point. You passed with no sun last night and then promptly lost 6 or 6.5 ppm today.
Right! It makes no sense to me. I hate to raise the cya in case I have to slam again at some point, but I feel it’s too risky not too if I’m losing this much to sunlight. Also, the LC I’m using is Pool Essentials from Walmart or Lowe’s. Is that a decent brand. It is not expired.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.